Danger Brand College Football

raysox

Danger-Brand-announcement-USF-01.png

USF Enters Agreement with New Uniform Manufacturer

A new era is beginning for USF athletics. The Bulls become the first university program to sign a deal with fledgling uniform manufacturer Danger Brand. Danger Brand, based out of St. Petersburg, Florida will supply the Bulls with new uniforms after taking over from the previous company Under Armour.

“I’m excited for what the future holds. Being from the area, i feel like we have the potential of exponential growth. Our vision is to make USF the next Oregon or Maryland.” says Michael “raysox” Taylor, founder of Danger Brand. Taylor acts as the creative director, and oversees uniform design.

Danger Brand will use its new NeatO uniform cut, a high performance jersey material and stitching that allows all athletes to breathe through their jersey while staying tough in battle. The uniform deal will go into effect immediately with the forthcoming release of new football uniforms. 

USF Bulls

• Like 6

Bulls Release New Football Uniforms
The USF Bulls unveil their new uniforms courtesy of Danger Brand.

“I think when it comes to uniform design, we have a motto - KISS. Keep it simple, stupid. I feel like in the NCAA specifically, teams like Alabama and Michigan are able to look bold even if their uniforms are relatively simple. If you turn on a random game, there’s about a 50/50 chance the uniforms have an American flag logo fill, or some sort of color that doesn’t match. Part of the reason we began this brand is to elevate the aesthetics of college sports.”

“While this is our first major contract, we have lots of experience in designing uniforms. We’ve taken cues from sports like baseball and hockey for small details like the team logo above the number, and brand logo on the back of the neck.” Taylor says. Notably, the Danger Brand D logo appears to be stitched in the color of the garment it’s on. Taylor went on to say that’s a way to elevate the school’s brand, and that “people will know our names soon enough”

“Growing up, USF was the “best of the rest” of Florida schools. I have fond memories of Matt Groethe and George Selvie. This uniform set calls back to that era with gold helmets overtop green jerseys and pants. We simplified the Serpentine font that USF uses, and skewed it to feel elusive and fast. Most notable about the uniform design is the bull horns that go from the sleeve onto the collar bone. Matching horns can be found at the bottom of the pants. 

“I believe there’s strength in mixing and matching uniforms, as long as it’s a cohesive brand. There will be gold, green, and white helmets. Green and white jerseys. Then the pants will come in gold, green, and white as well.”

When asked about the prospect of alternate uniforms, Taylor perked up and said “I guess we’ll just have to surprise you when it’s time”, with a smile.

Danger-USF-All.png

• Like 20

Really like what you've created here! It cleans up a lot of the recent chaos Adidas left behind while still being identifiably USF. Their past alternates have had potential, so I'll be excited to see what they can become with your levels of creativity and restraint. Looking forward to more of this project!

• 1 month later...

Danger-Brand-announcement-SDSU.png

San Diego State Enters Agreement with New Uniform Manufacturer

The Aztecs will become the second university program to sign a deal with fledgling uniform manufacturer Danger Brand. Danger Brand, based out of St. Petersburg, Florida will supply the Aztecs with new uniforms after taking over from the previous company Nike.

"We are happy to expand our footprint west with our partnership with the Aztecs. This is an exciting time for San Diego State, with the building of a new stadium. SDSU has already been terrific partner for us and I think that through our collaboration and the integration of our brands,“ says Michael “raysox” Taylor, founder of Danger Brand. Taylor acts as the creative director, and oversees uniform design.

Danger Brand will use its new NeatO uniform cut, a high performance jersey material and stitching that allows all athletes to breathe through their jersey while staying tough in battle. The uniform deal will go into effect immediately with the forthcoming release of new football uniforms. 

• Like 5

San Diego State Unveil New Uniforms
The Aztecs held a press conference today to unveil new uniforms by Florida-based uniform manufacturer Danger Brand.

“We're excited to launch these new uniforms. I think thus far, these represent the direction we want to go with uniform design" Michael "raysox" Taylor said at the press conference outside Snapdragon Stadium Thursday. "SDSU started a new era with this beautiful stadium, and the trajectory seems to be going upward for the entire institution."

"We wanted to make something that fit both the Aztecs, and the greater college football uniform landscape. The first thing we did was create a font that matched the SD monogram, something I felt was a missed opportunity for the brand in previous years. The helmet actually having the logo, plus a sharp two tone red and black shell gives a mysterious look. We also wanted to create a pattern that both is a respectful nod to Aztec culture, as well as being a uniting identity for the SDSU brand."

"I think the biggest thing was to make something that feels iconic year 1. We want something this campus and city can feel proud of. They are San Diego's football team."

Danger-San-Diego-State-All.png

(quick character break to say the Mountain West logo is a concept I did this month)

• Like 6