Minnesota Twins New Identity

Zooropeanx

1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

I've tried it a few times in the past, but it's never really looked right to me. Here's an updated attempt:

TyK0z4s.png

That’s it! It might work better if there was a way to round off the edges of the underline, but this is still pretty much what I had in mind. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

14 hours ago, BadSeed84 said:

Also the unveiling happening at the Mall Of America is another sign it will harken back to the 60s, 70s since that is where the stadium of that time (Metropolitan Stadium) was.

Good point. Maybe they'll take a practice swing at the commemorative home plate in Nickelodeon Universe (Camp Snoopy).

• Like 1

Here's a comparsion of the current/outgoing "TC" with my slightly rough attempt to predict the new one, based off of the cap leak. 

Cx4o6V9.png

I've got to be honest, if this is similar to how it turns out, the new mark is growing on me. I didn't think it was possible to improve upon the TC, but I think they might have. The T flows better with the C, and the spacing between the letters makes it more readable.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Here's a comparsion of the current/outgoing "TC" with my slightly rough attempt to predict the new one, based off of the cap leak. 

Cx4o6V9.png

I've got to be honest, if this is similar to how it turns out, the new mark is growing on me. I didn't think it was possible to improve upon the TC, but I think they might have. The T flows better with the C, and the spacing between the letters makes it more readable.

Seeing these side-by-side kinda helps me see the improved continuity between the letters.  I still don't prefer it but it at least makes more sense to me.

21 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I've tried it a few times in the past, but it's never really looked right to me. Here's an updated attempt:

TyK0z4s.png

The blue one is fantastic.  It's a really good mix of early and modern. I prefer the less-sharp under line of that one along with the proximality of the "w" and "i" (I have never liked the longer line between them, as used in the red mark).

• Like 7

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Agreed on that blue script!
Like someone previously mentioned, this set up is just screaming that they will have the following:

white primary home

Pinstripe alternate

navy alternate

powder blue alternate

grey away.

considering the stadium was half powder blue jerseys in the stands the last few years, they gotta keep it!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

conceptcar2000 on reddit took this picture through the door of the Clubhouse Store of new Twins merch

• New wordmark is a combination of the updated retro script with a floating underline under WIN
  • New TC mark is legit
  • "Twin Cities" with the floating underline I would assume is either an alt or the city connect
  • "Minnesota" in an arched font on a t-shirt in the background is what I assume the road mark will be. Seems to be an update of the Metrodome/World Series road jersey
  • The Jose Miranda shirt in the background has the same name and number font as the announcement, and also matches the aforementioned Minnesota arched font.
  • The Jose Miranda shirt appears to be cream colored, with the name in navy and number in red
  • If the pennants are to be interpreted as what the uniforms will be, the wordmarks will be single colored

Idk about y'all, but this looks great

Edit: they could be fashion caps, but there are some "M" hats in the background that look like a downgrade from the previous M hat, as well as Minnesota state outline hats (I would assume these are city connect, probably with the Twin Cities wordmark)

• Like 9

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

10 minutes ago, MNtwins3 said:

conceptcar2000 on reddit took this picture through the door of the Clubhouse Store of new Twins merch

• New wordmark is a combination of the updated retro script with a floating underline under WIN
  • New TC mark is legit
  • "Twin Cities" with the floating underline I would assume is either an alt or the city connect
  • "Minnesota" in an arched font on a t-shirt in the background is what I assume the road mark will be. Seems to be an update of the Metrodome/World Series road jersey
  • The Jose Miranda shirt in the background has the same name and number font as the announcement, and also matches the aforementioned Minnesota arched font.
  • The Jose Miranda shirt appears to be cream colored, with the name in navy and number in red
  • If the pennants are to be interpreted as what the uniforms will be, the wordmarks will be single colored

Idk about y'all, but this looks great

Edit: they could be fashion caps, but there are some "M" hats in the background that look like a downgrade from the previous M hat, as well as Minnesota state outline hats (I would assume these are city connect, probably with the Twin Cities wordmark)

All those hats appear to be slouch fit, so I would assume they're just fashion caps.

16 minutes ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Beaten to it. Here's the picture as above:

XOnjYqf.jpg

@coco1997 your wish is granted!

If all this is a harbinger of what's to be officially unveiled, then the Twins definitely went more Toronto Blue Jays/San Diego Padres with their rebranding. The linework and curvilinear forms are far cleaner and thus the scripts are much more legible. I don't yet think I've seen a script paired with a custom font aside from the brick and black Astros (though I could definitely be wrong), so I'm curious how that will look--more so whether the fronts of the jerseys will have numbers or not. I personally tend to favor front numbers, but I realize they don't look right in certain applications.

All in all, if I can get through there next Friday--if they're even open--I'll try to see some of the new merchandise in person.

Ninja edit: it looks like the Twin Cities pennants are cream/off-white paired with just navy. I wonder if any alt jerseys are planned with that specific colorway theme...it'd be boring as all get-out from a colorway perspective, but still clean-ish nonetheless.

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Hopefully the white M hats are fashion only...from the photo (which doesn't provide the best look) the general shape of the M reminds me of the old Miami Marlins' M. 

The Twins script is really nice...and I'm digging that pennant design for 2023.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

19 minutes ago, MNtwins3 said:

While they could be fashion caps, teams often sell slouch fit hats of their normal game caps. I have both a TC and M cap by 47 brand

I know, but these don't look like anything other than fashion caps. Very basic. One's even khaki. You'd probably see slouch versions of game caps grouped together. None of these look like they'd be one.

ulVOQ99.png

Again going off the assumption that the pennants are indicative of the jerseys. Possible cream Twin Cities alt. Might also be the City Connect, but it doesn't seem as far out as the CC typically are.

Edit: Also, at this point I would expect a greater change to the Minnesota logo than just updating the script. Guessing Minnie and Paul will be redrawn/simplified.

• Like 6