infrared41's Best and Worst: NFL Week 12 - 2022

Before we get started, I'd like to thank the Lions, Vikings, Browns, and Eagles for ruining what should have been good looking games. Instead, you all decided to roll out the ugliest uniforms in your respective closets. Well done. With that, let's play our game.

BEST

1. Giants - Cowboys: The Cowboys throwbacks are awesome. (YMMV) They take me back to the days of Eddie LeBaron and Dandy Don Meredith - two guys who even my old ass is too young to have ever seen play.  Just thought the NFL historians around here might appreciate the reference.  Anyway, I let nostalgia get the best of me and that's how this game took the top spot. Well, that and I really do think it was the best looking game of the week.

QJW3gGY.jpg

2. Saints - 49ers: No idea what got into the Saints in this one. Did they accidentally pack the wrong pants, or were they intentionally trying to look good for once? Either way, it was nice to see them look like an NFL team for a week. I suppose one could argue there was too much gold in this game, but one would be wrong to try. This one looked great.

H7nVNC5.jpg

3. Steelers - Colts: Speaking of throwbacks and nostalgia, these Colts throwbacks take me back to the days of....did Johnny Unitas or Alan Ameche ever wear these? Doesn't matter. Anyway, I'm not crazy about the Colts throwbacks, but when paired with the Steelers, they're more than good enough to grab a spot on the best list.

gpOtpky.jpg

4. Rams - Chiefs: Look at the Rams riding their flawed, but still pretty solid best look to a second consecutive appearance on the best list. Never change, Chiefs.

r55AdN8.jpg

WORST

1 and only: Falcons - Commandos: If you were wondering what would happen if we took the two dumbest uniforms in the NFL and put them on the same field, you have your answer and it ain't pretty. There's a whole lot of stupid going on here.  Too much, in fact. There should be a law against this.

MkLMhEI.jpg

That's it for this week.

• Like 8

BB52Big.jpg

On 11/30/2022 at 8:55 PM, infrared41 said:

these Colts throwbacks take me back to the days of....did Johnny Unitas or Alan Ameche ever wear these?

Yes.  Both of them.

And, no, I wasn't around to see it.

• Like 1

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 12/2/2022 at 10:39 PM, infrared41 said:

I vaguely remember seeing Johnny Unitas play on TV once when I was a kid. I wanna say it was in 1970 or maybe '71.

I'm the same way.  I was born in 1967, so my mind is probably playing tricks on me because I would only have been four years old.  My first truly distinct football memories are from 1974, which is the year my father took me to my first Colts game.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃