2023 Formula One World Championship

Jer15

10 hours ago, Jer15 said:

Not that it's a surprise but....No major changes for Red Bull

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I don't get the fuss about Red Bull not changing its scheme. Sure, every other team is switching up its looks, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it. This scheme is still a very strong design to this day (though I am glad they will be running some special designs for the US races).

• Like 1

rAUPGPZ.png

9 hours ago, GrayJ12 said:

I don't get the fuss about Red Bull not changing its scheme

I actually agree . I didn't mean anything negative by "it's no surprise". 

its kinda like the red wings in hockey.....if it aint broke

• Like 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

On 2/3/2023 at 6:50 PM, See Red said:

More noteworthy about the RBR unveiling is the news Ford's returning to the sport in 2026 and partnering with Red Bull. 

I somehow missed you saying this over the weekend but you are 100% correct. 

A friend send me this over the weekend: 
r/formula1 - [motorsport.com] Ford left F1 in 2004, but are still the third most successful engine manufacturer

Kinda crazy that they'll be gone for over 20 years (they're returning in 2026) yet, despite being gone that long, they'll still have some of the most wins as an engine manufacturer 

• Like 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

19 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

It's pretty amazing how the whole thing is powered by one, giant Duracell battery on the top. 🤣

Williams with the first fully EV in F1 😂

• LOL 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, See Red said:

This is going to be a rough season.  RB is just so far above and beyond.  Ferrari continues to waste Leclerc's talent.

Max is going to break his wins record.

It was cool to see Aston Martin, aka, someone other than Ferrari or Mercedes get a podium with Red Bull. Alonso just seems like new life was breathed into him with the team switch. And Stroll did pretty damn well given he recently had wrist surgery and wasn't even really expected to drive.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, McCall said:

Alonso just seems like new life was breathed into him with the team switch.

For sure!
At one point towards the end of the race he even said "This car is a pleasure to drive" on the radio. 

It's such a nice story and I hope he can keep it rolling all season.

7 minutes ago, Jer15 said:

For sure!
At one point towards the end of the race he even said "This car is a pleasure to drive" on the radio. 

It's such a nice story and I hope he can keep it rolling all season.

He was even asking how Stroll was doing, physically. Even though Stroll hit him at the beginning, he didn't seem like he wanted to throw him into the Persian Gulf. Don't think it would've been this way last year.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This weekend has a very weird new format.

Today was a qualifying session - for Sunday's race.

Tomorrow morning will be another qualifying session for tomorrow's sprint race

Sunday is the race.

I know there are people who don't like the sprint and whatever but this just seems silly to me. 

I really liked the qualify for sprint-> sprint to qualify for race -> race format.  

1 hour ago, Jer15 said:

This weekend has a very weird new format.

Today was a qualifying session - for Sunday's race.

Tomorrow morning will be another qualifying session for tomorrow's sprint race

Sunday is the race.

I know there are people who don't like the sprint and whatever but this just seems silly to me. 

I really liked the qualify for sprint-> sprint to qualify for race -> race format.  

I dont know how I missed this.

So the sprint is completely independent of the GP?  If so, I prefer that. What sucks is when you get a wild qualifying session and then the grid sorts itself out in the sprint race and all of the potential drama created by qualifying is gone for the main event.

If we have to have sprints (I'd prefer not), why not just reverse the top ten like F2?

IUe6Hvh.png

6 hours ago, See Red said:

So the sprint is completely independent of the GP

It is, yeah.

I realize my opinion isn't a popular one but I like the sprint as the in-between for a little drama. I admit that what you say can happen as well. 

• 2 months later...

Yup.

Just came to post that too. 

I suspect this is get him some "reps" to take over for Perez next year.