Detroit Lions - Restore the Roar

HyamesField

The Lions reportedly have submitted paperwork to redesign their uniforms after the current season. As a big Lions fan, I'm a bit bummed because I generally like their current set - outside of the all grey pajama look. I decided to try and redesign their look taking some principles from their current set and the Barry Sanders era uniforms! I also included an NBA "city" style uniform to be worn once a year featuring old-school Ford Mustang racing stripes and the fan-favorite throwback Thanksgiving set. 

Lions2.jpg

Lions.jpg

Lions3.jpg

• Like 9

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-15%20at%201.39.3

I am really not a big fan of the numbers. I do like the silver numbers with the white outline on the blue jersey. I'd like to see a throwback that includes white numbers with silver outline on the blue jerseys and using the old Roary logo. It's different enough that it won't look like they're wearing their current jerseys but will still look like the Lions. 

I did really like your spirit marks. They look cool and would be appealing on merch, signage, etc. 

I always thought the Lions have too much history to do anything but block numbers. Or at least a spin on classic block numbers.

Also, Lions lids shouldn't be anything but silver. Also your pants need silver somewhere, whether the base or the stripes.

Minor issue I noticed with the schedule: just wondering why for weeks 1-3, it's nicknames but it then abruptly switches to city names the rest of the way (that, and unless it's an NBA schedule, just New York never cuts it.)

I'm out and about ATM, so I'll comment on the uniforms later, but I know one thing, white pants don't suit the Lions at all.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬