NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

The photos of the hats should be taken with a grain of salt.

However, we the CCSLCers like to over analyze things.

The navy blue hat with white “H”-

I actually like this. It’s nice, simple, and to the point. However, they’re already a blue and white team with a simple uniform in the AFC South.

The “luv ya” blue, red, and white “H” hat-

It’s the color scheme Houston fans have been clamoring for for the better part of two decades (Holy moly, the Texans are 20). Problem? The Titans have a strangle hold on the color scheme and Oilers moniker. There could have been a deal made behind the scenes. Titans go navy heavy, Houston gets the “luv ya” blue as a permanent primary fixture.

There is also a rumor that Tennessee is debuting their Oilers throwbacks against Houston. So maybe the navy-for-luv ya deal ain’t happening and the Titans told Houston and their fans to shove it where the sun don’t shine.

Verdict- Houston is messing with us and those are just fashion hats with zero real meaning outside of fan and media appreciation.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Houston leaning into the “H-Town” is worrisome.

I can see Nike having "H-Town" in large font plastered on the front of the jersey, much like the "ATL" on the front of the Falcons jersey.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Hurl 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, SailorOfSilence102 said:

I am kinda confused at the timing of all thing, to be honest. If they decided to lean into the Oilers colors around the time they had those really good teams with Schaub, Foster and Andre Johnson, that'd make sense, or even after they drafted Clowney. The franchise was young, and well the branding was solid, it was young enough to where it wouldn't really matter. But 20 years into the league where they've fully been established ? I don't know, that feels off to me. 

These are the kinds of things irrelevant franchises do to try to drum up interest.

(And to try mask their own ineptitudes...but we'll talk about that in a different thread on a different day.)

• Like 5

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

It's got to be almost a sure thing they go red helmet right? The overall reaction to those would make the franchises decision pretty easy. As far as uniforms, I wouldn't put it past them to go the simplistic route, like Washington State, with some subtle accents thrown in.

ASU Football: Washington State players to watch - House of Sparky

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bmac said:

Put the Titans in navy and yellow (Predators colors, fits the market, unique to NFL, solid football color scheme) and let the Texans go with light blue, red, and navy.

I just can't see this happening. The Adams family is fiercely protective of the luv ya blue. Doubt they ever willingly give it up to the hated Texans. 

But if navy and yellow did happen, it would not only tie the Titans to other pro teams in their own market, but also sort of tie them to the historic New York Titans. Maybe they could even wrangle a way to wear those throwbacks if we're already going down the path of franchises trading history. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

I just can't see this happening. The Adams family is fiercely protective of the luv ya blue. Doubt they ever willingly give it up to the hated Texans. 

But if navy and yellow did happen, it would not only tie the Titans to other pro teams in their own market, but also sort of tie them to the historic New York Titans. Maybe they could even wrangle a way to wear those throwbacks if we're already going down the path of franchises trading history. 

Nobody outside of these boards would make that connection, would they?

• Like 4

It's where I sit.

36 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Nobody outside of these boards would make that connection, would they?

Probably not, but it's not as if the Titans would make that move without making that connection abundantly clear to everybody. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

This is still my favorite non-RWB Texans concept I’ve seen on these boards (can’t remember who did it, but please if you do, let me know)

spacer.png

That'd be Mark Crosby, aka @mcrosby. Wouldn't be too apposed to this colorway, though I'd prefer if the uniforms leaned a bit more towards either what they have now or a simple Texas flag theme.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

19 hours ago, Volt said:

Worth noting that all of the tweets/interviews at that link state that new branding & uniforms will not debut until April 2024.

Maybe April 1st, 2024?  Are the Texans playing a long con here? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

This is still my favorite non-RWB Texans concept I’ve seen on these boards (can’t remember who did it, but please if you do, let me know)

spacer.png

Looks nice, but I'd rather have the team named the Browns be the only team using brown.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Indigo said:

Looks nice, but I'd rather have the team named the Browns be the only team using brown.

A - they weren't named for the color

B - does that mean no one other than the Packers can use the color Green?

C - I'm not serious

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

It's where I sit.

On 1/17/2023 at 12:56 PM, tBBP said:

There may be another approach to this scenario if red absolutely has to be a part of this colorway, especially if gold and white must also remain: darken the purple and eliminate the black. Something like this:

deep-Indigo-color-2b0071.jpg

(Their current purple is closer to that middle square.)

It's either that or keep the black but 86 the gold (which is also not a bad idea). 

I'll have to play around with this some more in my free time—y'all done gave me some new fodder to work with in revisiting the case study I did on this whole Ravens brand identity...

I actually talked about that before. I think Indigo fits the Raven's best.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

A - they weren't named for the color

Citation needed.

🙃

• LOL 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."