NHL • 2024 Seattle Winter Classic

timberwolf

Good evening.

I decided to take a stab at next year's edition of the Winter Classic.

spacer.png

Details...

spacer.png

Even more details...

spacer.png

The Metropolitans are back! Obvious design choice, can't wait until we see them make their inevitable return.

spacer.png

Vegas was a bit tough. I opted to avoid Las Vegas Thunder because they already used them for their first reverse retro. I decided to freestyle a bit. I Imagine the Knights would've looked something like this if they were active in the 1920s.

spacer.png

Let me know what you think! Any and all feedback is appreciated!

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Applause 2

11 hours ago, timberwolf said:

Good evening.

spacer.png

Details...

spacer.png

Even more details...

spacer.png

The Metropolitans are back! Obvious design choice, can't wait until we see them make their inevitable return.

spacer.png

Vegas was a bit tough. I opted to avoid Las Vegas Thunder because they already used them for their first reverse retro. I decided to freestyle a bit. I Imagine the Knights would've looked something like this if they were active in the 1920s.

spacer.png

Fantastic job. I love the logo and the Metros inspired jersey for the Kraken. Vegas looks good and I like the idea of using an old english V as the logo. However, the V does look like a U. Maybe trying a different font that makes it look more identifiable as a V

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

8 hours ago, johne9109 said:

Fantastic job. I love the logo and the Metros inspired jersey for the Kraken. Vegas looks good and I like the idea of using an old english V as the logo. However, the V does look like a U. Maybe trying a different font that makes it look more identifiable as a V

Good call. I did notice that. Turns out stylized Vs and Us are similar in most capacities. What if the Knights took a small page out of the Seattle book? Just an idea.

spacer.png

Edit - also want to add that I'm refraining from using the Knight head and the V from their logo because I've already seen other concepts with those in action. I wanted to try a different spin.

Edited by timberwolf
Clarification on Vegas concept
  • Like 5

That logo is absolutely spectacular. Send it into the NHL offices right now lol. Love both jerseys, but I think you could probably get away without using any white on Seattle's. Also, would like to see the complete set with pants and socks included. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

20 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

That logo is absolutely spectacular. Send it into the NHL offices right now lol. Love both jerseys, but I think you could probably get away without using any white on Seattle's. Also, would like to see the complete set with pants and socks included. 

Much appreciated!

I'm planning to do a full set of uniforms and merchandise, just haven't had the time to grind it all out. Maybe a rink and some promotional posters too...if the people want to see it.

How's this for a Seattle sweater?

spacer.png

• Like 4

10 hours ago, timberwolf said:

Good call. I did notice that. Turns out stylized Vs and Us are similar in most capacities. What if the Knights took a small page out of the Seattle book? Just an idea.

spacer.png

Edit - also want to add that I'm refraining from using the Knight head and the V from their logo because I've already seen other concepts with those in action. I wanted to try a different spin.

Yeah that looks more distinctly like a V

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

That updated Vegas jersey is so gorgeous! Not necessary at all, but I'd be curious to see a version with the card suits instead of the "egas" and/or a version where there's a gold stripe on the right side of the V to match the striping.

The way you have it, the red numbers feel out of place for the Kraken for both versions... You could make the S red, or the "SEATTLE" text red, or the numbers navy blue, and I think that'd help. Otherwise, a solid design that I'd be happy to see on the ice.

I quite like the treatment of the Winter Classic wordmark in the logo. The font really conveys Pike Place well, and the tentacle & red puck are inspired. The render of the Space Needle is pretty nice too; I like the center line styling for the windows :)

I do kinda wonder if it'd be possible to have the "Winter" script unitalicized just so the top of the T and the Space Needle could be integrated together, cuz right now they're a tad disjointed.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, vtgco said:

That updated Vegas jersey is so gorgeous! Not necessary at all, but I'd be curious to see a version with the card suits instead of the "egas" and/or a version where there's a gold stripe on the right side of the V to match the striping.

The way you have it, the red numbers feel out of place for the Kraken for both versions... You could make the S red, or the "SEATTLE" text red, or the numbers navy blue, and I think that'd help. Otherwise, a solid design that I'd be happy to see on the ice.

I quite like the treatment of the Winter Classic wordmark in the logo. The font really conveys Pike Place well, and the tentacle & red puck are inspired. The render of the Space Needle is pretty nice too; I like the center line styling for the windows :)

I do kinda wonder if it'd be possible to have the "Winter" script unitalicized just so the top of the T and the Space Needle could be integrated together, cuz right now they're a tad disjointed.

Love the feedback! Much appreciated.  I tried out more red on the Seattle sweater. I like how it references their previous colour scheme.

spacer.png

• Like 3

On 1/8/2023 at 1:08 AM, timberwolf said:

Good evening.

spacer.png

Details...

spacer.png

Even more details...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Absolutely amazing job! Love the logo and the subtle reasoning for everything involved in your Winter Classic design. I hope Seattle & Vegas do exactly or very similar to your uniform concepts because those are bang on in the spirit and nostalgia of the outdoor game.

On 1/11/2023 at 9:52 PM, Fiddz said:

Absolutely amazing job! Love the logo and the subtle reasoning for everything involved in your Winter Classic design. I hope Seattle & Vegas do exactly or very similar to your uniform concepts because those are bang on in the spirit and nostalgia of the outdoor game.

I appreciate the feedback!

Here's my attempt at some full sets.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Added some comments and suggestions from you guys! Let me know what you think!

Not much detail on the pants and gloves because I didn't feel it was necessary for a retro-themed game but let me know if there's anything you'd like to see me try.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1