2023 NFL Offseason thread

Cujo

The offseason for most teams begins in 3... 2... 

Black Monday is looming. Here's how it's likely to shake down.

HAPPY TRAILS:

Kliff Kingsbury (ARI)

Dennis Allen (NO)

Lovie Smith (HOU)

50/50:

Steve Wilks (CAR)

Todd Bowles (TB)

Ron Rivera (WAS)

HOT SEAT BUT RETURNING:

Kevin Stefanski (CLE)

Josh McDaniels (LV)

Robert Saleh (NYJ)

MIAMI WILD IF THEY DO:

Mike McDaniel (MIA)

RESIGNING. NEXT STOP TV:

Sean McVay (LAR)

INTERIMS, BACK INTO RETIREMENT: 

Jeff Saturday (IND)

Jerry Rosburg (DEN)

6uXNWAo.png

I don't see Ron Rivera being fired, at least not while the ownership is in flux.  He likely stays another year (with staff changes) if there's a new owner, unless they fire Rivera, a new coach comes in before the team is sold and we get Nathaniel Hackett 2.0 with the new coach.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gary said:

Cardinals want Sean Payton, been all over the news here. Can’t get him they may promote Vance Joseph. I hope not

HA! The Cardinals have never made a huge/splash coaching hire. At least not in my lifetime. And they won't do it here.

Promoting Vance Joseph and paying him HC minimum is what exactly what Bidwill will do. ✍️

6uXNWAo.png

I don't see Lovie Smith getting fired—or maybe I should say if the Texans are smart, they won't fire him. (Besides, who the heck else would want thay job right now?) Don't let the bad record fool you; he had that team playing pretty hard during the back half of the season (ask Kansas City or Dallas about that), plus it's only been two years. BUT, that's what losing teams do...keep turning right on over. And that's how you end up even less relevant than the Jets.

Speaking of which, and total aside, but at some point top brass really needs to—but they won't—point themselves out in the mirror as the cause of constant turnover (looking at you, Houston & NYJ namely). All that turnover is exactly why they don't and can't win anything...it speaks to a culture problem rooted deep in the organization, and that mess starts at the top. But good luck getting any of those rich guys to take accountability for their part to play in those franchises' futilities.

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

14 minutes ago, tBBP said:

I don't see Lovie Smith getting fired—or maybe I should say if the Texans are smart

Many of us think he should get another year cause he was given nothing to work with -- but reports say Houston is likely to move on. 

6uXNWAo.png

33 minutes ago, tBBP said:

I don't see Lovie Smith getting fired—or maybe I should say if the Texans are smart, they won't fire him. (Besides, who the heck else would want thay job right now?) Don't let the bad record fool you; he had that team playing pretty hard during the back half of the season (ask Kansas City or Dallas about that), plus it's only been two years. BUT, that's what losing teams do...keep turning right on over. And that's how you end up even less relevant than the Jets.

Speaking of which, and total aside, but at some point top brass really needs to—but they won't—point themselves out in the mirror as the cause of constant turnover (looking at you, Houston & NYJ namely). All that turnover is exactly why they don't and can't win anything...it speaks to a culture problem rooted deep in the organization, and that mess starts at the top. But good luck getting any of those rich guys to take accountability for their part to play in those franchises' futilities.

Josh McCown?

I never got the idea that Lovie was there for more than a one-year stopgap when the organization was looking especially messy. I remember he always said he wanted to retire to Italy. Maybe he'll do that.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

In the 2022 offseason, the Broncos and Browns made historically terrible trades for franchise QBs.

I wonder who is going to tank their future to take on the husk of Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

29 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

In the 2022 offseason, the Broncos and Browns made historically terrible trades for franchise QBs.

I wonder who is going to tank their future to take on the husk of Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

A lot of people thought the Broncos won that trade and that Seattle was going to be one of the worst teams in the NFL.  

It is crazy how every major trade did not work out for the team that gave up their 1st round pick.

Seahawks made the Playoffs and now have the #5 pick thanks to Denver

Lions just barely missed the playoffs, but have the #6 pick thanks to the Rams falling apart. And Goff is playing great (far better than Stafford)

Eagles are a Super Bowl favorite and have the #10 picks thanks to the Saints being stupid. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

Lions just barely missed the playoffs, but have the #6 pick thanks to the Rams falling apart. And Goff is playing great (far better than Stafford)

Sometimes a trade happens where both teams win.

But as of today, the Rams still won the trade.

Rams share epic photo of Matthew Stafford after Super Bowl win

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

6uXNWAo.png

You could call the Rams a Win,  but they're going to be paying like hell for it for the next few years.

They were obviously hoping for a few more years before their house of cards fell apart. 

But a super bowl is all that matters so.....