Reverse Retro 3.0 - Running it back, one more time! [CBJ and DAL added]

CRDesigns

Hello everyone! Long time viewer of the Concepts forums, first time poster!

I have been working on a "Reverse Retro 3.0" series, with the goal of using jersey designs that teams had not used for their first 2 Reverse Retro jerseys. There will be a few exceptions to this, but for the most part the rule holds. 
To start, we have Anaheim, going back to their Stanley Cup winning jerseys in 2006, recoloured in the classic Mighty Ducks scheme. 

spacer.png

Next is Arizona, using their uniform redesign from 2003, with vibrant purple and the classic Kachina off-white and sienna.

spacer.png

This is my first time ever posting on a forum before, so feedback is certainly welcomed! Hope you enjoy this series!

- CRD

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Hello everybody!
The next 2 jerseys here are a little bit similar to each other, and I apologize for that.

For Boston, I went with their iconic Meth Bear look, with brown replacing black. I really like the shoulder patch in the brown colour scheme.

spacer.png

Buffalo's Reverse Retro takes their inaugural jerseys and recolours them into the 96-06 Goathead theme! Another simplistic layout, but this classic look suits the Sabres nicely in my opinion.

spacer.png

As always, feedback is more than welcome! I have actually already finished all 32 designs for this series, but I would like to do a couple defunct teams in the group as well so there may be a few bonus concepts at the end of this.

- CRD

• Like 9

• CRDesigns changed the title to Reverse Retro 3.0 - Running it back, one more time! [BOS and BUF added]

I'm not a fan of purple & teal for the Ducks, but that Anaheim is one of the better era-combinations I've seen for them.

Never would've guessed I'd like a purple & sand jersey for the Coyotes, but that looks really good. I'd be curious to see a different logo (that era's moon? the paw?) on the shoulder though...

Solid looks for Boston and Buffalo too.

A good start to the series and a nice introduction to the boards!

On 1/9/2023 at 7:42 PM, CRDesigns said:

Hello everybody!
The next 2 jerseys here are a little bit similar to each other, and I apologize for that.

For Boston, I went with their iconic Meth Bear look, with brown replacing black. I really like the shoulder patch in the brown colour scheme.

spacer.png

Buffalo's Reverse Retro takes their inaugural jerseys and recolours them into the 96-06 Goathead theme! Another simplistic layout, but this classic look suits the Sabres nicely in my opinion.

spacer.png

As always, feedback is more than welcome! I have actually already finished all 32 designs for this series, but I would like to do a couple defunct teams in the group as well so there may be a few bonus concepts at the end of this.

- CRD

This Bruins looks surprisingly good in brown

ZUH86xc.png

Thanks for the feedback everybody! Definitely agree that Boston should go back to using brown and gold.

Up next we have Calgary, with a recolour of the classic Blasty jersey. As controversial as this logo is, I love seeing it on a red jersey.

spacer.png

And then we have Carolina, who get a sparkly silver version of their cup winning jersey. I apologize for the silver looking so off, had trouble recreating it properly in illustrator. 

spacer.png

Hope you all enjoy! Please let me know your thoughts!

• Like 6

• CRDesigns changed the title to Reverse Retro 3.0 - Running it back, one more time! [CGY and CAR added]

Thanks for the feedback on the last parts! That storm Canes idea has my creative juices flowing for sure.

Next up is Chicago. A simple swap of their 1936 jersey colours, with red as the base. I used their alternate logo as the primary to change it up a bit, similar to how some teams did for RR 2.0!

spacer.png

After Chicago, we have Colorado. I had trouble deciding between doing another Quebec throwback or this. I decided to reverse their RR 2.0, as I've felt that they missed the mark a little bit with it. This one features a proper recoloured logo and the return of the foot patch.

spacer.png

Hope you all enjoy this part! Criticism and comments are more than welcome, as per usual :D

• Like 6

• CRDesigns changed the title to Reverse Retro 3.0 - Running it back, one more time! [CHI and COL added]

Good stuff all around!

As a Ducks fan I'd be content with never seeing that wordmark jersey ever again despite them winning the Cup in it; however I like the idea of an eggplant, jade and silver version as a nod to the mightiest Ducks. Swap the colours of the jade and silver stripes and and it would better match the orientation of both the logo and the original jersey's striping.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I'm alive! Had a bit of a busy time recently so I have not really been able to update this thread. Thank you for all of the feedback on the series! We are going to be jumping right back into it with Columbus.

CBJ introduced their iconic cannon jersey in 2010. This Reverse Retro brings back the classic font and a new primary cream colour. 

uvILO7q.png

and for Dallas, the legendary Mooterus jersey is back, with flipped striping colours. I also chose to update the gold to their current silver. 

nBkUW9V.png

I look forward to continuing this thread and seeing your feedback!

• Like 4

• CRDesigns changed the title to Reverse Retro 3.0 - Running it back, one more time! [CBJ and DAL added]