SJ Sharks alternate concept

B-mer

I always loved the Sharks having a black alternate, and their original one was so good at the time. I went for a little bit of an update to that. Don't ask me why, but sometimes i really like the phantom yoke, so I did that here with the triangular yoke to fit with an update to the V striping from the original alternate. Included within the teal is a triangular halftone pattern, representing sharks/shark teeth in Pacific cultures (i believe a read that somewhere, excuse me if i'm incorrect), but also carrying on the trend of patterns within the stripes that SJ has been rolling with.

Also slightly altered the main logo to what I wish they updated it to with their new uniforms, matching the update to the fin logo more.

spacer.png

I really like the pattern on the alternate, but maybe change the faux yoke to have an extra white outline, matching the striping pattern?? 

The faux yoke look would be a little better if it matched the rest of the stripes. Especially since the teal really fades into the black there. 

• Like 2

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

4 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

I really like the pattern on the alternate, but maybe change the faux yoke to have an extra white outline, matching the striping pattern?? 

The faux yoke look would be a little better if it matched the rest of the stripes. Especially since the teal really fades into the black there. 

hm. interesting idea. i'll try it. Thanks

• Like 1

The white added to the yolk is really sharp. I always appreciate when the Sharks use a black alternate.

How would it look with some small orange accents? Maybe in between the teal and white stripes. I love this current idea, I'm just a sucker for orange being apart of the Sharks identity haha.

I don't know its cultural context either, but that aside, the triangle pattern you've used is gorgeous and looks great for the Sharks! Would love to see it in the primary set in place of the waves (let my Kraken use the waves instead 😈)

I think your original phantom yoke is a bit better, but both look good. Good call to match the logos outlining together. Seeing the whole set together, it would be nice to see the nice updated fin logo as the crest for the alternate jersey.