Fictional Conference Logo - Grand Central Conference

raysox

If you've been living under a rock, the Football Bowl Subdivision is going to look very different soon. The Power 5 conference are bickering, while the losers in that are sucking up teams from conferences like the American and Mountain West. There's a combined WAC-ASun conference joining soon made of teams from Texas and the South East. Conference USA is getting picked apart as teams go to conferences with stronger holds on their region. That's where I come in. I made this post in the pointless realignment thread outlining the idea for a conference made in the footprint of the Big 12 conference. There's not one in FBS, although the Southland and WAC make good claims to it despite not going far north. 

I would keep CUSA teams Louisiana Tech, UTEP, and future members NM State and Sam Houston State coming up from FCS. Texas State is a team i feel should be better, but they slotted into the Sun Belt when they moved up. Arkansas State would join them in this new conference. North Texas is one of the SIX teams moving to the American, but geographically them, Tulsa, and Wichita State(who doesn't have a football team any more) would be here. Finally, I feel like this conference would make sense for North Dakota State and South Dakota State to jump to the big time. We'll also take conference mate Missouri State that would surely have rivalries immediately.

That's a lot but i'm not pulling too much I feel outside of Wichita State.

Starting with a name, it would be easy to name this something PLAINS or PRAIRIE, but the conference has teams on the east and west of the great planes. Central is vague yet representative of the conference that stretches from Mexico to Canada. NCAA has conferences named BIG and GREAT, but Grand Central rolls off the tongue given it's name being used across many different applications. The logo features a 4 sided star and emphasis on the Central's C, in the middle of the logo. 

Sorry for rambling, here's my concept!
Grand-Central-Conference-Logo.png
Grand-Central-Conference-Map.png
Grand-Central-Conference-Logo-Variants.p

Grand-Central-Conference-Conferences.png

• Like 15

• raysox changed the title to Fictional Conference Logo - Grand Central Conference
  • 2 weeks later...

Not much to say besides this is gorgeous! Blows the other conference logos out of the water lol

It makes me wonder how a full wordmark based around the hexagonal-ish C would work.

Did you try the star in the negative space between the two c's. Superimposing it on the middle C makes it hard to read.

Otherwise, well done! Sadly, I think we've seen the last of geographically intuitive college conferences.

• Like 2