2023 F1 Liveries

pepis21

seeing this: theres more changes than i thought at first for McLaren. 

As for Aston Martin....almost exactly the same:

but I do like the new one a little better. Mostly because there's slightly less yellow (or highlighter or whatever that colour is called)

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

33 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

Looks like Merc is our last chance to do something different.  I hope they go back to the black livery.  At the very least hope they drop the highlighter yellow and bright blue accents for each driver.  

I hope they stay silver since the grid is way too dark as-is and they're called the silver arrows. Although stripping their car and just having exposed carbon fiber would be appropriate too. 

Already tired of exposed carbon fiber but the Ferrari looks very good. Love the Ferrari on the rear wing.

• Like 2

IUe6Hvh.png

2 minutes ago, See Red said:

I hope they stay silver since the grid is way too dark as-is and they're called the silver arrows. Although stripping their car and just having exposed carbon fiber would be appropriate too. 

Already tired of exposed carbon fiber but the Ferrari looks very good. Love the Ferrari on the rear wing.

lol true.  In a vaccuum the black livery was better.   But this grid is really dark with the carbon fiber everywhere.  

and agreed, the Ferrari word mark looks so good on the wing.  Makes you wonder why it wasn’t there last year.  

21 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

I hope they go back to the black livery.

your wish is granted 🙂

Well. Part of it. Still have those accent colours 

• Love 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Mercedes went with fully carbon, brave move but if this help them? We'll see.  It look like we have a Carbon craze in this year.

I like that they keep different accent colors although imo it would be better Russell use neon red instead of green.

4r2eer.png

On 2/14/2023 at 5:15 AM, flyersfan said:

It felt this way last year, and will feel even moreso this year. The field is very dark.

too much black, not much color standing out.

missing the days of racing point and Renault colors on the grid.

It's all down to the new weight rules, teams are saving every bit of weight they can and thus using less paint. 

The average F1 car has about 6kg of paint on it and getting rid of that can give them an extra 0.18 seconds per lap. 

We did some work on a race car and used a single coat system and it ended up helping it win a medal at the X games. 

• Like 1

logo.png

• 3 months later...