On 4/30/2023 at 8:09 PM, CDCLT said:

2023 Talladega 1 45

I've been really impressed with the unique colors and rotation of the 45 team's sponsors this year. The Monster, Sirius, and Moneylion cars all look spectacular. 

• Like 1

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

I'm EXCITED for the old Quaker State scheme to come back. If only they did an old DW/Ricky Rudd Tide Ride throwback for Haley (I'm really hoping the Tide sponsorship wasn't a one and done)...also, Herbst and the 98 team doing a tribute to Ken Block is great stuff as well.

However, in my opinion, the best throwback will be coming at the All-Star Race, when Harvick races the 29 one last time...

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

rAUPGPZ.png

1 hour ago, GrayJ12 said:

I'm EXCITED for the old Quaker State scheme to come back. If only they did an old DW/Ricky Rudd Tide Ride throwback for Haley (I'm really hoping the Tide sponsorship wasn't a one and done)...also, Herbst and the 98 team doing a tribute to Ken Block is great stuff as well.

The past two years Food City/Tide/Gain had sponsored the 43 (and 42) in the Dirt Race and it seems like this year they moved to Kaulig. I'd expect to see them again next year, but probably not for any other race.

• Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I'm equal parts excited and worried about the All-Star Race. North Wilkesboro was before my time, so it will be great to get to see back on the circuit. Personally, I'd like to see Rockingham back on the schedule as well...

I'm just cautious because the short track racing with the NextGen car has been lackluster, to say the least. I have a feeling there won't be a lot of good "boys have at it" racing that people are hoping for.

rAUPGPZ.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The race this Sunday in Chicago through the streets has to be the most interesting and intriguing race the Cup Series has has since, I don't know, Indianapolis in 1994? We'll get to see how both the car, and the drivers work in a street race environment. Not being biased here, I swear, but I think AJ Allmendinger should be the favorite to win on Sunday. I think out of everyone in the field, he probably has the most experience racing  on a street course experience (outside of Jenson, and the entrant in the 91; van Gisbergen). The Cup car is a lot different than an open wheel car, but the point still stands. He's strung together two Top 10s after a horrendously dreadful start to his season. He might be turning it around, and with this race as probably the regular season's biggest Wild Card; he has a golden opportunity to make his way into the Chase.

Jimmie Johnson was in the entry list, but has withdrawn due to the horrific incident involving his wife's family. I hope he, his wife, and both of their families find peace in these times.

• Like 1

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

I think the Chicago Street Race has the potential to be the coolest race NASCAR has ever put on - I don't have high expectations for the racing itself but NASCAR racing in the heart of the third-biggest city in the country is incredible. They're literally right next to skyscrapers at some points! I'm hoping that this does what the races in LA are doing - exposing NASCAR to a new audience and forging new pathways in new markets. I can't wait for the race.

• Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

8 hours ago, CDCLT said:

I think the Chicago Street Race has the potential to be the coolest race NASCAR has ever put on - I don't have high expectations for the racing itself but NASCAR racing in the heart of the third-biggest city in the country is incredible. They're literally right next to skyscrapers at some points! I'm hoping that this does what the races in LA are doing - exposing NASCAR to a new audience and forging new pathways in new markets. I can't wait for the race.

Not sure how that’s possible when the cheapest tickets are $400 up to $3000

On 6/28/2023 at 8:47 PM, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

The race this Sunday in Chicago through the streets has to be the most interesting and intriguing race the Cup Series has has since, I don't know, Indianapolis in 1994?

I think this whole thing is a ridiculous gimmick. Indianapolis was a big deal in '94 because NASCAR was racing for the first time at arguably the most historical track in America - which was actually suited for NASCAR racing. The Chicago street race is just another pointless attempt to get people who couldn't care less about NASCAR to care about NASCAR. There's always a chance that the non-NASCAR fans who like this race are going to enjoy the cup race at Atlanta the next week, but I seriously doubt they will. Watching 3300 pound sedans trying to negotiate a course more suited for F1 cars isn't the draw people think it is. The sooner they stop this nonsense, the better. NASCAR needs to do what it's good at and it's good at oval racing.

Just my opinion.

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

6 hours ago, infrared41 said:

I think this whole thing is a ridiculous gimmick. Indianapolis was a big deal in '94 because NASCAR was racing for the first time at arguably the most historical track in America - which was actually suited for NASCAR racing. The Chicago street race is just another pointless attempt to get people who couldn't care less about NASCAR to care about NASCAR. There's always a chance that the non-NASCAR fans who like this race are going to enjoy the cup race at Atlanta the next week, but I seriously doubt they will. Watching 3300 pound sedans trying to negotiate a course more suited for F1 cars isn't the draw people think it is. The sooner they stop this nonsense, the better. NASCAR needs to do what it's good at and it's good at oval racing.

Just my opinion.

Nascar is good at road courses, but it needs to be a dedicated road course with wide turns, and run offs for the inevitable mistakes. This race is too tight for stock cars and you’ll see over half the field taken out one way or another by the end of this race.

8 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Just my opinion.

I'm a F1 fan and cant stand nascar.

Street races arent going to suddenly make me start watching NASCAR. There's nothing that's going to make me think that seeing normal looking sedans(I know they're souped up underneath) racing is going to be anything besides look weird and unnatural and interesting at all.

So yes, what you said 100%

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske