Minnesota Wild by DT Concepts — Updated 2/14

DTConcepts

Inspired by the current discussion in the NHL uniforms thread about the Minnesota Wild, I decided to try my hand at putting my own spin on the team's identity.

YClwXqF.jpg

This design is meant to sorta cater to the "Bring back the North Stars" crowd while retaining much of the Wild's current identity. There are subtle nods to the North Stars all over the place, but the Wild don't become the North Stars 2.0. The jerseys get a more traditional striping pattern that feels like a natural evolution of their current uniforms. The alternate jersey is meant to be a fauxback, partially inspired by the team's first red jersey. The "Heritage" jersey is a near-direct throwback to the North Stars' jerseys from the mid '70s, with some touches inspired from the team's Reverse Retro and Winter Classic jerseys.

These aren't the most eye-catching Wild uniforms ever designed, and that's intentional. The team has been leaning more and more into that classy, fauxback vibe with each new update their identity — These jerseys just help that process along. What do you think?

• Like 6

Not bad.

The alternate looks good, as does the Heritage except for those gloves which look pretty out of place. They don't look vintage thanks to the green cuff, but they don't quite look modern either and fall between two stools, and also don't really go with a (mostly) 1970s throwback. Other than the gloves, the uniform looks pretty good.

I also like the home and the road.

The North Star on the pants looks great and could do for the Wild what the Lightning Bolt does for Tampa Bay.

I would agree with the statement about the gloves above. The heritage could get away with the alternate’s gloves and work well. 

Overall this is a fantastic set and update for the Wild, while still really hitting home on the current neo-retro feel the Wild are going for! The only change I would make would be on the road’s sleeves. The green all the way down feels a little outta place, especially considering the rest of the stripes don’t have that, and look fantastic with out it. 

• Like 2

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Thanks for the feedback, y'all. I really do appreciate it. Here are some tweaks I've made based on your suggestions:

4uAYpJD.jpg

Most of the tweaks are pretty minor. Here's what I did:

- Added a red stroke to the home jersey's numbers. I tried doing the same for the away jersey, but the red and green clashed too much and threw off the color balance.

- Changed the away jersey's helmet to be green instead of white, in a nod to the often mismatched helmets worn by high school hockey teams across the state. (Plus I think the Hurricanes look pretty good with their mismatching road helmets)

- Removed the green cuffs from the away jersey.

- Tweaked the alternate's gloves to better compliment the jersey's color palette and feel more retro.

- Got rid of the Heritage jerseys' faux-retro gloves and just gave 'em the alternate's.

What do you think of these updates? Any more changes I should make?

• Like 4

• DTConcepts changed the title to Minnesota Wild by DT Concepts — Updated 2/9

A gorgeous set! Totally agree with @VampyrDesign; I love the pants stylings.

Looks just as good either way with the green cuffs or not on the away.

I actually like the tan gloves on the green alt; I'd actually be curious to see it with tan pants with green stars on them, not that the way you have it isn't already gorgeous.

My only complaint is that the shoulder star ought to move downward, so that it has the green yoke only on the top side of it. (That way, it'll kinda be like the border of the yoke!)

Excellent work!

• Like 1

More slight updates here.

mid0dnz268ia1.png

- I didn't like having the cream color touching white, so instead of chopping off the end of the Road jersey's yoke, I made it red. I think it looks really solid.

- Added a red stroke to the Road jersey's numbers. I personally don't really like having a stroke on either the Home or Road jerseys, but ask and you shall receive.

• Like 1

• DTConcepts changed the title to Minnesota Wild by DT Concepts — Updated 2/14