2023 World Baseball Classic Concept Project (Venezuela feeler)

dodgerdog16

About to begin work on a 2023 World Baseball Classic project, but I wanted to get a feeler on this Venezuela concept I pumped out.

Kept it basic with a classic 50's/60's pro baseball look since Venezuela has a far reaching baseball history. Pinstripes are an homage to Venezuelas top 2 teams, Navegantes del Magallanes & Leones del Caracas. Burgundy is brought back to the forefront of the uniform as the single color. I am now aware as I type this out that this combination makes Venezuela look a lot like the 50's Phillies but hey thats okay with me 😂

The one thing I am unsure of here though is definitely the cap logo. I think the block V looks solid & strong but I'm going for something timeless & classic that sticks out from MLB teams or other national teams I will do as a few would have block lettering for their cap insignias already .

Totally open to suggestions and constructive criticism here!

spacer.png

• Like 12
  • Love 1

Definitely an improvement on the real deal! Love the script font.

Not necessary, but I would be curious to see a version with a touch of yellow still (maybe for the squatchee, the Nike logo, and/or a sleeve stripe?)

As gorgeous as the WBC logo is, though, I don't think it needs to appear on the uniform 3 times. I'd ditch the back-of-neck one, personally.

Good work!

• Like 2

This is a great start!

Adding on to what others have already said, although I love the shade of maroon you went with, I think adding a bit of gold back in would really take it to the next level. I really like Venezuela’s original WBC logo/wordmark, but the script you went with is really nice too.

Count me as another who would love to see you continue this series with the rest of the WBC teams!