NCAA California Defunct Schools (a football thread)

heavybass

When you learn about defunct football, you learn about a literal state full of teams that used to thrive in college football.... well until 1991 at earliest but lately there's a LOT of schools in California that can't afford or stop caring about the gridiron in general and that saddens me because you have history and then it is being wiped out by two things.... politics and funding from said politics.... the less mentioned about those two :censored: schools joining the Big 10 the better.

Anyway there's a lot to cover here and this will be seldom updated from time to time, so don't expect a massive flurry as you see from the other threads.... this is mostly for me to see what would happen if these teams now suddenly got funding and got entry into NCAA again... this will apply to all levels.

To start off with, we are going with a school that joined the Big West Conference in 2020 but that conference does not play football or sponsor said sport.... so I figured I would make a full set for this school and see what happens.

UC SAN DIEGO TRITONS

Home

AMWts8C0q3u148FOSyrs_XJGyRFbNRoqttvbgNN5

Road

AMWts8CYcs3LariiEXwScHiRpH1QIDuU0FatfnpZ

Alt

AMWts8C4epsBV3-8fEgati6RZJFVbTEabXDNlnnY

The premise behind this set was to emulate the San Diego Chargers of the 80's in terms of looks and colors.... there were two other colors that I could of used but they wouldn't work with the set up I had in mind here..... Navy helmets on all, navy/gold is primary for home with white and gold pant alts, road is white/navy with gold and white pant alts and alt is gold/navy with white and gold pant alts... gold helmets might be a thing but definetly not white helmets...

Anyway let's move onto the West Coast Conference and to an important school that I learnt whose action one year became one of the building blocks to the civil rights movement.

Here come the...

SAN FRANCISCO DONS

Home
AMWts8B6UAFiWMzSh_7DFoZSUKl5tb7bEqhT04pz

Road

AMWts8A4Z2z997C81L69bZnQEn_JN6J56reCk-wZ

Historical Alt

AMWts8D9AFjnRv-ooNVGTYGd_PrQNbB0s92kR7Gz

Approaching this uniform set originally I went with the 49ers look because of how that look would translate to today's standard if the Dons still existed.... for the more important historical alts, I went with the current 49ers handles their alternates and applied it here.

On 2/17/2023 at 8:48 AM, heavybass said:

Yes but this is an expanded set.... a what if they had the full lot.... the previous ones were just one set home and one set road, this is home, road and alt.

Yeah, so just have one thread where you put it in that and say "Hey, expanded set of this school. Hope you like." No need for 8 different threads about football uniforms imo. If people like your work, then they'll continue to follow the one thread.

I mean, what's next? The Defunct California Arena Club Football? Four posts on that and then comes the "What if I continued my Defunct California Arena Club Football" Thread. It's all the same man. I don't comment all that often but I do come here a lot. Seeing the top three threads be yours irks me a bit when it pushes down peoples work who actually spent time to create well thought-out logos and detailed uniforms with unique designs. I'm not saying that you don't try and aren't looking for help some help, but it gets to be a little much.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

It's Me