22 hours ago, eegl75 said:

because washington fans might not like the name because of the philadelphia eagles and eagles fans might not like that washington is using their team's name. washington would probably already have a team called the eagles, but they dont and that could be a reason, its really not a big deal though.

IDK cross sport like that I don't think it carries as much. Like if there was a new team in south Florida it wouldn't bother me if they were named the Lightning. 

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

On 2/24/2023 at 6:13 PM, VampyrRabbit said:
On 2/23/2023 at 8:42 PM, NicDB said:

TIL the D-Backs mascot isn't a snake.

They couldn't make a family friendly snake mascot, according to the motherships "The Story Behind the Nickname" article.

Not sure that's true. The Arizona Rattlers indoor football team has a family-friendly snake mascot. 

I know some of the reason for the bobcat is that their ballpark's first title sponsor was Bank One, so Bank One Ballpark, or the BOB, was a thing for awhile. 

• Like 1

On 2/28/2023 at 8:19 PM, eegl75 said:

because washington fans might not like the name because of the philadelphia eagles and eagles fans might not like that washington is using their team's name. washington would probably already have a team called the eagles, but they dont and that could be a reason, its really not a big deal though.

13 hours ago, johne9109 said:

IDK cross sport like that I don't think it carries as much. Like if there was a new team in south Florida it wouldn't bother me if they were named the Lightning. 

Heh, yeah. I honestly didn't give any thought to "Eagles" also being the name of an NFL team.

On 2/28/2023 at 8:32 PM, DTConcepts said:

The little "EAGLES" wordmark on the home and road alt jerseys rocks. This series has been fun, and you're only just getting started!

Excited to see what you do with the Rockies and Dinger.

Thank you! I think you'll like what I came up with for Colorado.

21 hours ago, MDTrey4 said:

Would love to see a home version with Eagles in script across the chest and the eagle logo just used as a sleeve patch

Here you go!

Eagles-Home-no-outlines.png

It looks good, but I prefer my original version. 

Up next are the San Francisco Seals!

SEALS HOME:

Seals-Home-w-roundel.png

SEALS ROAD:

Seals-Road-w-roundel.png

SEALS HOME ALT:

Seals-Home-Alt-w-roundel.png

SEALS ROAD ALT:

Seals-Road-Alt-w-roundel.png

Notes:

- The Giants' mascot is Lou Seal, inspired by the harbor seals who laze about on the shorelines throughout the San Francisco Bay area 

- This one is a fairly straightforward update of the San Francisco Seals of the Pacific Coast League, adding two new alternates in team colors. I also found a number font to match the style of the "Seals" script and monogram. 

- For the sleeve patch, I combined the roundels of the Sea Lions of the Negro Leagues and the San Francisco Seals minor league hockey team

C&C appreciated! We head back to the AL West for the next team. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

• coco1997 changed the title to Rebranding MLB Teams with Mascots in Mind (San Francisco Seals 3/2)
5 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Heh, yeah. I honestly didn't give any thought to "Eagles" also being the name of an NFL team.

Thank you! I think you'll like what I came up with for Colorado.

Here you go!

Eagles-Home-no-outlines.png

It looks good, but I prefer my original version. 

Up next are the San Francisco Seals!

SEALS HOME:

Seals-Home-w-roundel.png

SEALS ROAD:

Seals-Road-w-roundel.png

SEALS HOME ALT:

Seals-Home-Alt-w-roundel.png

SEALS ROAD ALT:

Seals-Road-Alt-w-roundel.png

Notes:

- The Giants' mascot is Lou Seal, inspired by the harbor seals who laze about on the shorelines throughout the San Francisco Bay area 

- This one is a fairly straightforward update of the San Francisco Seals of the Pacific Coast League, adding two new alternates in team colors. I also found a number font to match the style of the "Seals" script and monogram. 

- For the sleeve patch, I combined the roundels of the Sea Lions of the Negro Leagues and the San Francisco Seals minor league hockey team

C&C appreciated! We head back to the AL West for the next team. 

This kinda reminds me of SFGiants58's San Francisco Seals concept for an AU Bay Area expansion team, if the Giants never move  to  San Francisco

• Like 1

QNXVyki.png

Could you do a version of the Eagles set like the first one, but with the bevelled fonts from the 2005-10 Nats please?

I like the Seals. Would love to see the home with a headspoon as well as pins, and for the road to use the SF Giants Seals-esque San Francisco script.

21 hours ago, ralphz said:

Not sure that's true. The Arizona Rattlers indoor football team has a family-friendly snake mascot. 

I know some of the reason for the bobcat is that their ballpark's first title sponsor was Bank One, so Bank One Ballpark, or the BOB, was a thing for awhile. 

The article implies that they tried to make one and the results weren't pretty.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2023 at 9:30 AM, stumpygremlin said:

Random thought for the moose: why not make the caps have antlers only? Kind of like the Philadelphia Eagles do with their helmets.

Not a bad idea! Here's how that would look on the home uni:

Moose-Home-antler-cap-logo.png

19 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

I like the Seals. Would love to see the home with a headspoon as well as pins, and for the road to use the SF Giants Seals-esque San Francisco script.

Good suggestions for the Seals:

SEALS HOME:

Seals-Home-w-headspoon.png

SEALS ROAD:

Seals-Road-w-script.png

19 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

Could you do a version of the Eagles set like the first one, but with the bevelled fonts from the 2005-10 Nats please?

Not sure I totally understand your request. Do you want my original design with the eagle crest and tiny "Eagles" script but in this typeface

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

How's this?

That is exactly it, the font looks great on the home and the road alt. I prefer the bevelled font for the home and road alt, but have to say the Walgreens script for the road and the home alt.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2023 at 12:38 PM, maxwasson said:

This kinda reminds me of SFGiants58's San Francisco Seals concept for an AU Bay Area expansion team, if the Giants never move  to  San Francisco

On 3/4/2023 at 5:31 PM, VampyrRabbit said:

That is exactly it, the font looks great on the home and the road alt. I prefer the beveled font for the home and road alt, but have to say the Walgreens script for the road and the home alt.

3 hours ago, Coiler said:

Great ones, even if the Seals are not that big a stretch.

Thanks!

On 3/3/2023 at 10:00 PM, Megildur said:

Fun concept idea, coco1997. My favorites so far are the Moose and the Seals. The teal and brown of the Moose is pretty unique and I love anything San Francisco Seals-related, especially when its well done.

Thank you! I've been enjoying your series as well and I hope you continue to follow along with mine.

I'm back today with the Houston Orbit!

ORBIT HOME:

Orbits-Home-w-alien-logo.png

ORBIT ROAD:

Orbits-Road-navy-scripts.png

ORBIT HOME ALT:
Orbits-Home-Alt-w-alien-head.png

ORBIT ROAD ALT:

Orbits-Road-Alt-w-alien-head.png

Notes:

- I've always loved the idea of an MLB team with an extraterrestrial-themed identity, so I had a lot of fun with this one. 

- Similar to the Parrots, Houston gets a heavy dose of green added to their look to go with their usual navy and orange. 

- Orbit is the rare MLB mascot to have a logo of his own, a very cool ringed baseball resembling the planet Saturn. I modified this logo and added the Astros "H" to turn it into the Orbit's primary logo. For the sleeve design and road alt, I repurposed the alien head from the now-defunct Las Vegas 51s minor league team.

- Big thanks to @Victormrey who gave me the idea to rework the 1960s Astros' script into a new "Orbit" wordmark! 

C&C appreciated! Another AL team is next. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

• coco1997 changed the title to Rebranding MLB Teams with Mascots in Mind (Houston Orbit 3/6)
2 hours ago, Megildur said:

I really like that cap logo for Houston, but I'm less sold on the alien head. Will Boston be the "Green Monsters," "Monsters," or "Wally's"?

I was thinking the same, but I think using Orbit (the mascot) instead of a generic alien head looks too childish; so this is probably the better route. @coco1997 maybe finding a less generic alien head. Kind of like a middle ground between generic and actually using Orbit? 

Love everything else though

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

1 hour ago, johne9109 said:

I was thinking the same, but I think using Orbit (the mascot) instead of a generic alien head looks too childish

It's childish, but no more childish than the Pittsburgh Parrot patch, the Baltimore Orioles cap logo or Hugo the Hornet. Orbit would fit on the sleeve nicely.

• Like 2