21 hours ago, Megildur said:

Will Boston be the "Green Monsters," "Monsters," or "Wally's"?

You'll just have to wait and see. 😉

19 hours ago, Silence of the Rams said:

Incoming jokes about 2017 with this particular jersey 😋

Other than the World Series scandal, I'm not entirely sure what you mean. 🤷‍♂️

19 hours ago, johne9109 said:

@coco1997 maybe finding a less generic alien head. Kind of like a middle ground between generic and actually using Orbit? 

Love everything else though

Yeah, I get that. The other obvious solution is just to ditch the alien altogether and replace all instances of it with the cap logo, but I really wanted to incorporate some sort of alien imagery, hence the addition of a martian-like green. 

Anyway, next up are the Twin City Bears!

BEARS HOME:

Bears-Home-w-script-straightened-B.png

BEARS ROAD:
Bears-Road-w-pins.png

BEARS HOME/ROAD ALT:

Bears-Alt.png

Notes:

- Minnesota's mascot is T.C. Bear, who's loosely modeled after the Hamm's Beer Bear. Hamm's was an early sponsor of the Twins in the 1960s. 

- For the primary logo, I had the idea to combine the Twins' TC with the Cubs' old 1908-14 bat-wielding bear logo. Here's a close-up of that logo. 

- The home script is a reworking of this 1960s Denver Bears script

- With the team rebranding from "Minnesota" to "Twin Cities," this allowed me to use the script from the Twins' new Sunday home alternate as the road wordmark. 

C&C appreciated! 

• Like 9

• coco1997 changed the title to Rebranding MLB Teams with Mascots in Mind (Twin City Bears 3/8)

Some great concepts once again! I love SF's alt with that retro piping. Orbit's set looks great, specially with that cap logo and sleeve patch. And I love the colours you've used for the Bears, while keeping the Twins' new look.

Keep it up!

• Love 1

On 3/8/2023 at 1:52 PM, coco1997 said:

You'll just have to wait and see. 😉

Other than the World Series scandal, I'm not entirely sure what you mean. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, I get that. The other obvious solution is just to ditch the alien altogether and replace all instances of it with the cap logo, but I really wanted to incorporate some sort of alien imagery, hence the addition of a martian-like green. 

Anyway, next up are the Twin City Bears!

BEARS HOME:

Bears-Home-w-script-straightened-B.png

BEARS ROAD:
Bears-Road-w-pins.png

BEARS HOME/ROAD ALT:

Bears-Alt.png

Notes:

- Minnesota's mascot is T.C. Bear, who's loosely modeled after the Hamm's Beer Bear. Hamm's was an early sponsor of the Twins in the 1960s. 

- For the primary logo, I had the idea to combine the Twins' TC with the Cubs' old 1908-14 bat-wielding bear logo. Here's a close-up of that logo. 

- The home script is a reworking of this 1960s Denver Bears script

- With the team rebranding from "Minnesota" to "Twin Cities," this allowed me to use the script from the Twins' new Sunday home alternate as the road wordmark. 

C&C appreciated! 

Twins and Cubs

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 3/9/2023 at 12:30 PM, Victormrey said:

Some great concepts once again! I love SF's alt with that retro piping. Orbit's set looks great, specially with that cap logo and sleeve patch. And I love the colours you've used for the Bears, while keeping the Twins' new look.

Keep it up!

14 hours ago, Bmac said:

These are so fun! I adore the Minnesota set.

Thank you both! As @MJD7 pointed out, I somehow forgot to use the updated version of the Twins' "TC," so I'll likely get around to tweaking that once I finish this series. 

Happy Phriday! It's time for the Philly Phanatics!

Notes:

PHANATICS HOME:
Phanatics-Home-w-crest.png

PHANATICS ROAD:
Phanatic-Road.png

PHANATICS HOME ALT:
Phanatic-Alt-w-script.png

PHANATICS ROAD ALT:

Phanatic-Road-Alt.png

Notes:

- I should have clarified (warned?) in my first post in this thread that a LOT of teams in this project would make heavy use of green. The Phanatics aren't the first, and they won't be the last. 

- Phanatic green is paired with the Phillies' old burgundy to create a new and distinctive color scheme. 

- I worked up new "Philly" and "Phanatics" scripts in the style of the Phillies' 1970s-80s wordmark.

- A playful rendering of the Phanatic occupies the sleeve of the home primary and road alt.

C&C appreciated! Another team will be up in the next few days. 

• Like 9
  • Love 2

• coco1997 changed the title to Rebranding MLB Teams with Mascots in Mind (Philly Phanatics 3/10)

The Twins are good but kind of a less interesting Giants/Cubs hybrid, while the Astros and Phillies are appropriately funky.  Green is fine as long as it's not A's green. 😜

(The Astros design reminds me of a daydream I had of an Area 51-themed expansion team in Las Vegas called the Aliens)

• Like 1

On 3/10/2023 at 12:30 PM, eegl75 said:

phinally.

On 3/10/2023 at 12:38 PM, heavybass said:

:censored:ing overdue and well done.

On 3/10/2023 at 3:33 PM, TrueYankee26 said:

Phillies and Twins look well done

Thanks!

On 3/11/2023 at 3:10 PM, Coiler said:

The Twins are good but kind of a less interesting Giants/Cubs hybrid, while the Astros and Phillies are appropriately funky.  Green is fine as long as it's not A's green. 😜

(The Astros design reminds me of a daydream I had of an Area 51-themed expansion team in Las Vegas called the Aliens)

Thanks! I don't know if I really get the Giants comparison for the Bears, though. 

Up today are the Kansas City Lions!

LIONS HOME:

Lions-Home-gold-cap.png

LIONS ROAD:

Lions-Road.png

LIONS HOME ALT:

Lions-Home-Alt-2-w-tail.png

LIONS ROAD ALT:

Lions-Road-Alt.png

Notes:

- The Royals' mascot is Sluggerrr (yep, that's three "R's). Lions have been depicted as symbols of royalty and courage for centuries

- KC has always included shades of gold in their identity, but seldomly has it been incorporated into their actual uniforms. Here, gold becomes the dominant color at home with the team going more blue-heavy on the road. 

- The "Lions" script comes from the Seibu Lions of the NPB and matches KC's "Royals" script quite well. I added a tail to make it more consistent with the Royals' script. 

- The cartoon lion on the sleeve was previously used by the Omaha Royals (now Storm Chasers), Kansas City's Triple-A affiliate. 

And with this latest rebrand, the AL Central would effectively be:

c38f078a-9dae-42f4-9d9d-74e28c4d9fbc_tex

C&C appreciated! 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• coco1997 changed the title to Rebranding MLB Teams with Mascots in Mind (Kansas City Lions 3/12)
On 3/12/2023 at 1:12 PM, VampyrRabbit said:

The shades of blue and gold are pretty in your face for the lions, but they look good on the home and the home alt. The white, gray and gold isn't exactly easy on the eye with the road though.

Very fair point. How about a white script, somewhat evoking the Royals' old powder blues?

Lions-Road-white-script.png

On 3/12/2023 at 1:12 PM, VampyrRabbit said:

Any chance of a Monarchs tribute Lions uniform?

How's this?

Lions-Monarchs-Fauxback-navy-and-gold.pn

I tried to roll in elements from as many different past Monarchs uniforms as possible, while keeping gold as the connective tissue to the primary uniforms. Also, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the previous few teams, @VampyrRabbit. Thanks!

• Like 3

The Monarchs tribute uniform looks great.

I like the Bears, the Twins rebrand was great and basing the Bears off that was the right path to take.

Love the Phanatics. I would be interested to see how going full 1980s with the pinstripes and adding racing stripes would work.

• Love 1

On 3/12/2023 at 3:53 PM, TrueYankee26 said:

The only thing I could think of for the Giants comparison in Coiler's post was the off white home jerseys, it is way more Cubs to me

And the blue for the Lions (Royals) look purplish but it works because purple is another color strongly associated with royalty

Thanks! The shade of blue is actually the original shade used by the Royals. Maybe pairing it with so much gold incidentally makes it looks more purple than it actually is. 

2 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

The Monarchs tribute uniform looks great.

I like the Bears, the Twins rebrand was great and basing the Bears off that was the right path to take.

Love the Phanatics. I would be interested to see how going full 1980s with the pinstripes and adding racing stripes would work.

Thanks a lot! I'll work up a racing striped version of the Phanatics when I finish the series. 

Next up are the Boston Green Monsters!

GREEN MONSTERS HOME:

Green-Monsters-Home-no-red.png

GREEN MONSTERS ROAD:

Green-Monsters-Road-gray-pants.png

GREEN MONSTERS HOME/ROAD ALT:

Green-Monsters-Alt-w-B-white-scripts.png

- As @Megildur correctly guessed, the Red Sox become the Green Monsters. The name, of course, refers to both Boston's mascot Wally and the infamous huge left field wall at Fenway Park. 

- With Monster green being fairly muted, I chose Wally's more lime shade, which paired better with navy. Early on I briefly considered using green, navy AND red, but it wound up looking too gaudy. 

- I tried and tried to figure out a way for the  home jersey to say "Green Monsters" but just couldn't make it work. "Boston" is therefore used on both the home and road jerseys, with the Boston "B" on the alt. 

- Never in a million years did I think I'd have a reason to use Boston's creepy 1950-59 alternate logo for a concept, but it came in handy here. I modified this logo by adding a big round nose and eye black to help him more closely resemble Wally. 

- The green front paneled cap is inspired by these one-and-dones used by the Red Sox in 1974. 

- Solid navy pants are a nod to those worn by Wally. 

- Front numbers, which Boston has historically NOT used, helped complete the look. 

C&C appreciated! I should have the next team up by Friday. 

• Like 5

• coco1997 changed the title to Rebranding MLB Teams with Mascots in Mind (Boston Green Monsters 3/15)
2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Thanks! The shade of blue is actually the original shade used by the Royals. Maybe pairing it with so much gold incidentally makes it looks more purple than it actually is. 

Thanks a lot! I'll work up a racing striped version of the Phanatics when I finish the series. 

Next up are the Boston Green Monsters!

GREEN MONSTERS HOME:

Green-Monsters-Home-no-red.png

GREEN MONSTERS ROAD:

Green-Monsters-Road-gray-pants.png

GREEN MONSTERS HOME/ROAD ALT:

Green-Monsters-Alt-w-B-white-scripts.png

- As @Megildur correctly guessed, the Red Sox become the Green Monsters. The name, of course, refers to both Boston's mascot Wally and the infamous huge left field wall at Fenway Park. 

- With Monster green being fairly muted, I chose Wally's more lime shade, which paired better with navy. Early on I briefly considered using green, navy AND red, but it wound up looking too gaudy. 

- I tried and tried to figure out a way for the  home jersey to say "Green Monsters" but just couldn't make it work. "Boston" is therefore used on both the home and road jerseys, with the Boston "B" on the alt. 

- Never in a million years did I think I'd have a reason to use Boston's creepy 1950-59 alternate logo for a concept, but it came in handy here. I modified this logo by adding a big round nose and eye black to help him more closely resemble Wally. 

- The green front paneled cap is inspired by these one-and-dones used by the Red Sox in 1974. 

- Solid navy pants are a nod to those worn by Wally. 

- Front numbers, which Boston has historically NOT used, helped complete the look. 

C&C appreciated! I should have the next team up by Friday. 

I like it. It's so Boston yet not Boston that it just works. I understand using Wally's green over the green monster green and agree it works better here. I LOVE the logo!

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png