Seattle Dragons XFL concept

vtgco

The new IRL logo for the Seattle Dragons of the XFL is an big upgrade from the previous, IMO, but here are my tweaks, plus a new alternate logo and some jerseys!

sea_display.png

The rendering of the dragon face is so well-done in the '23 logo, so that's kept. The odd random spikes of the mane kinda ruin the S shape IMO,  so those are removed in favor of a more streamlined, symmetrical S shape. I liked the counter-colored belly on the 2020 logo, so I bring that back but in white and with the belly stripes of the '23 logo.

I do like the patterned striping and number styling of the '23 jerseys, but I cannot get on board with a Seattle team not wearing primarily blue or green.

I think the Dragons had it almost right with their 2020 home jersey; having just that small touch of orange shoulder trim was gorgeous! I bring back a lot of those jerseys' ideas for my take.

Instead of a complete logo like on the '23 uniforms, the helmet has the dragon bursting from the edges like on the '20 uniforms; this time on a blue background.

That orange trim becomes a pair of flames, which also form a negative space silhouette of mountains in front of a sunset, all above a sea of green.

This is also the basis of a new football-shaped secondary logo.

C&C appreciated! Thanks for checking it out!

• Like 12
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

On 2/27/2023 at 7:16 PM, eegl75 said:

FINALLY! an xfl concept! these are great! i wouldve just recolored the current logo though. the teal looks great. its a unique shade but fits with seattle's other teams.

Glad you like the jerseys. The main reason I went with the tealer shade of green was so that it could represent waves, but it definitely has some nice Mariners synergy, yeah!

Sorry to hear the logo tweaks doesn't work for you, though... The current logo is really close to working for me but I wanted to try some changes.

Here are the jerseys with the current logo (but in the changed shade of green, and with the changed flame) though:

sea_display_current_logo.png

I'm not sure the current logo is very suited for the Rams/Vikings/Eagles-style helmet treatment, though, so this just reverts to a normal logo application.

On 2/27/2023 at 7:44 PM, JabeShepherd said:

Looks good! Don't see too many XFL redesign and concepts on here. I'm a Roughnecks fan

Thanks! And Houston definitely has the best logos in the league IMO; that gear alternate logo is gorgeous!

• Like 1

Some really good upgrades here.  I like the teal as well, and the mountain/reflection is also really great.  Works really well on the sleeves.   I like the full "S" of the logo on the helmet, but it looks like you got rid of the white, which I thought worked well. 

• Like 2

Your logo still has one of the same major problems as the current Sea Dragons logo for me. The tail feels stubby, I don’t like the way it kinda jus stops. I think it could stand to be more tapered and a bit longer.

the rest is pretty good. Love the teal and the navy helmet.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2023 at 8:33 AM, WideRight said:

Some really good upgrades here.  I like the teal as well, and the mountain/reflection is also really great.  Works really well on the sleeves.   I like the full "S" of the logo on the helmet, but it looks like you got rid of the white, which I thought worked well. 

Thank you! @eegl75 was just asking me to use an unchanged IRL logo, which has no white. Glad you like that white belly though; I thought it was nice. Here it is with a full helmet logo:

sea_display_full_logo.png

On 2/28/2023 at 10:16 AM, VampyrRabbit said:

Excellent. The shades of blue and green work wonderfully together along with the orange. The logos are a big upgrade too.

Thanks! Glad you like it.

6 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

Your logo still has one of the same major problems as the current Sea Dragons logo for me. The tail feels stubby, I don’t like the way it kinda jus stops. I think it could stand to be more tapered and a bit longer.

the rest is pretty good. Love the teal and the navy helmet.

Yeah, I get that... I do think the current logo isn't really trying to show the dragon's tail, but instead shows the dragon popping out of the water. I tried to make that more clear with the different colors. That said I agree that it's a bit stubby; and that's mostly to try to keep the symmetry of the S shape. A longer "tail" could make the logo really lopsided. I tried a bit with tapering the bottom to a point before, though, and I could give it another go. Glad the rest works.

@8BW14EDIT: 

sea_logo_full_tapered.png

Trying to taper the waves to a point. Is this the right direction here for you? Or were you hoping for an actual tail and no waves?

2 hours ago, alexandre said:

What is this typeface? It looks so familiar.

It's OPTI Althea, which is pretty close but not identical to the Dragons' current IRL font.

17 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Incredible work! BTW

@WideRight also has a series of XFL concepts so this is not the only one.

17 hours ago, eegl75 said:

this one was made first

I've definitely seen a few XFL concepts here before; notably to me this series by @edjb93 before the 2020 season collapse...

And @WideRight's is off to a good start too!

18 hours ago, BengalErnst said:

The teal jerseys are absolutely beautiful. I’m not a huge fan of the altered logo but all in all I give it an upgrade. Hope you do more XFL teams 

Thank you. Seems the comments are split down the middle when it comes to the logo changes, so IDK but hope the updates might appeal.

I've got vague ideas for St Louis and possibly Vegas, but beyond that I'm not sure, so forgive me for not doing a full XFL series...

Thank you everybody for your feedback!

• Like 2

I personally like the orange-heavy uniforms the franchise uses, but I agree it doesn't work for a team in Seattle.  What you did fits the city more, but I also think it would be smart for them to not be too similar to the Seahawks, especially considering the name change.   I already feel it was a big swing and miss for the Roughnecks to match the Texans color scheme, it would've been a no-brainer to adopt the Oilers colors (even though the Renegades have sort of taken them, poorly).  Biggest thing for me is that I liked the 2020 Dragons helmet logo a lot more, but as far as your concept goes it is extremely well done

• Like 1