World Baseball Classic x NIKE 2023 (Venezuela: 30 of 30, Series Complete)

MJD7

8E9vTHh.png

Hello there,

Since the World Baseball Classic starts tonight, I figure there'd be no better time to debut my new concept uniforms for the international teams.

I'll be posting all 20 participating teams, along with 10 extra teams from the Qualifiers and past tournaments.

Each team will have 3 jerseys (home, away, & alternate), & I tried to make at least one jersey for each team feature the native language of the country. 

World Baseball Classic x NIKE 2023
Pool A

Pool B

Pool C

Pool D

Extras

I'll be going alphabetically, starting with one of the teams from the Qualifiers, Argentina.

Let's begin!

• Like 1

• MJD7 changed the title to World Baseball Classic x NIKE 2023 (1/30 Argentina)

These are beautiful! The powder blue + navy combo is excellent and I love the lettering. I think the only thing I would change is dropping the pinstripes on the powder set, I think it busies up the uniform and it creates an overabundance of white compared to navy. I would also like to see caps with these jerseys if possible. Nice work, I can't wait to see the rest of what you've got!

• Love 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

3 hours ago, CDCLT said:

These are beautiful! The powder blue + navy combo is excellent and I love the lettering. I think the only thing I would change is dropping the pinstripes on the powder set, I think it busies up the uniform and it creates an overabundance of white compared to navy.

Thank you! It turns out, the pinstripes on the powder blue is probably my single favorite element of the set, as it reminds me of the late 70's Cubs. Here's a look without though:

WW4dd3E.png

3 hours ago, CDCLT said:

I would also like to see caps with these jerseys if possible. Nice work, I can't wait to see the rest of what you've got!

I haven't found a good cap template that's compatible with Illustrator yet, if somebody knows of one though I'd love to see it. I appreciate the feedback!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Love these! I'm a big fan of the powder blue pinstripes and that the Argentinian flag is mimicked with the sleeve cuff striping on the white jersey. I liked @CDCLT's suggestion to scrap the white pinstripes, but then in practice, the powder blue feels too plain without them. Also, out of curiosity, what's the font you used for "Argentina"?

Also, for the cap... maybe isolating the cap off rsaline's Baseball Uniform Template would work?

• Love 1

18 hours ago, raysox said:

I saw these on twitter earlier and you absolutely nailed this. Can't wait to see the rest!

Thank you so much!

18 hours ago, Megildur said:

Love these! I'm a big fan of the powder blue pinstripes and that the Argentinian flag is mimicked with the sleeve cuff striping on the white jersey. I liked @CDCLT's suggestion to scrap the white pinstripes, but then in practice, the powder blue feels too plain without them. Also, out of curiosity, what's the font you used for "Argentina"?

Also, for the cap... maybe isolating the cap off rsaline's Baseball Uniform Template would work?

Thank you! The font is called Stahls Tiffany, it's the same font the Red Sox use for their wordmarks. I'll definitely look into that cap template, too!

• MJD7 changed the title to World Baseball Classic x NIKE 2023 (2/30 Australia)

Hmm, not huge on the wordmark here. I like the design but the wordmark is kinda space age in a bad way? The lack of a crossbar feels very amateur. I know it matches their cap logo but the cap logo just sucks. There's no two ways around it, haha. The jerseys themselves are really nice, I like the green one especially.

As for the pins-less Argentina, I love it! The whole set feels much more balanced.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CDCLT said:

Hmm, not huge on the wordmark here. I like the design but the wordmark is kinda space age in a bad way? The lack of a crossbar feels very amateur. I know it matches their cap logo but the cap logo just sucks. There's no two ways around it, haha. The jerseys themselves are really nice, I like the green one especially.

As for the pins-less Argentina, I love it! The whole set feels much more balanced.

I understand this. To be completely honest, I’m not too big on this Australia set as a whole myself, their real-life uniforms didn’t offer a lot of inspiration to go off of beyond the nice color scheme. 

I’ll try a re-do that uses the current wordmark and incorporates some design elements from aboriginal art, which is something I’ve always wanted to do but I don’t think I’ve ever quite fully figured out how to pull off well. It will probably take a while, but if it works out I’ll fit in a post for it here. 

• Love 1

Great start to this series! The racing striped Argentina alt is a thing of beauty. 

For Australia, is it possible to slightly arch the wordmark you used without making it look distorted? I think that would be a happy medium between their current script and this one. 

Keep up the great work! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Great start to this series! The racing striped Argentina alt is a thing of beauty. 

Thanks!

5 hours ago, coco1997 said:

For Australia, is it possible to slightly arch the wordmark you used without making it look distorted? I think that would be a happy medium between their current script and this one.

To be honest, I think arching the wordmark clashes with the "space-age-ness" of the font as @CDCLT alluded to,  so I'd honestly rather just try a full redesign.

• MJD7 changed the title to World Baseball Classic x NIKE 2023 (3/30 Brasil)

I love Brazil! The green and yellow jerseys are, in particular, gorgeous. I think the only thing I'd like to see is a little more green on the home jersey. I know you're trying to keep the collar and sleeves the same color but maybe making the collar green? It would pair nicely with the flag on the sleeves in my opinion.

• Love 1

On 3/9/2023 at 3:39 PM, CDCLT said:

I love Brazil! The green and yellow jerseys are, in particular, gorgeous. I think the only thing I'd like to see is a little more green on the home jersey. I know you're trying to keep the collar and sleeves the same color but maybe making the collar green? It would pair nicely with the flag on the sleeves in my opinion.

For what it's worth, I'd probably have the undershirt be green too, in order to help balance all of the colors out.

I thought about making the last-second change to make the Nike swoosh green, but decided against it:

25rml0m.png

I also thought about something like this, but I liked the no-outlines look for Brazil:

l5tCtaK.png

• MJD7 changed the title to World Baseball Classic x NIKE 2023 (4/30 Canada)

China (中国)

I actually had this cloud pattern prepared on the alternate before China unveiled their new uniforms, but when they did, I decided to extend it to the main home & away as well. Also, the new script is awesome, so I replaced the Old English (quite ironic) wordmark with it.

86oEkPa.png

cmWC5k7.png

SRc6lEM.png

• Like 4
  • Love 4

• MJD7 changed the title to World Baseball Classic x NIKE 2023 (China: 5 of 30)
  • MJD7 changed the title to World Baseball Classic x NIKE 2023 (Chinese Taipei/Taiwan: 6 of 30)
  • MJD7 changed the title to World Baseball Classic x NIKE 2023 (Colombia: 7 of 30)

Great start!

I think China is my favourite set so far. I love how the new wordmark matches with the cloud pattern you've added!

Also, Canada is a right tweak of their new look, which could have been great but has some flaws.

Good to see you'll be posting designs for those countries which didn't make it 👌🏻

• Like 1