World Baseball Classic x NIKE 2023 (Venezuela: 30 of 30, Series Complete)

MJD7

• MJD7 changed the title to World Baseball Classic x NIKE 2023 (Israel: 14 of 30)
  • MJD7 changed the title to World Baseball Classic x NIKE 2023 (Italy: 15 of 30)

Israel - Beautiful set! I really love the use of triple striping on the headspoon and sleeves. 

Italy - Fantastic job balancing the three colors of blue, red and green. The Cubs style numbers pair really well with this design. For the road jersey, maybe lighten the gray just a tad so the green stroke around the script and numbers is a little more visible. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Israel - Beautiful set! I really love the use of triple striping on the headspoon and sleeves. 

Thanks!

22 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Italy - Fantastic job balancing the three colors of blue, red and green. The Cubs style numbers pair really well with this design. For the road jersey, maybe lighten the gray just a tad so the green stroke around the script and numbers is a little more visible. 

Unfortunately, I think the green is inevitably gonna blend a bit with the gray no matter what, but this does help:

6KwAMxj.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• MJD7 changed the title to World Baseball Classic x NIKE 2023 (Japan: 16 of 30)

Awesome series so far. Love the direction of a lot of the teams. Two notes...

Canada - I wonder what the set would look like with grey swapped out for baby blue. It might be too much on the Blue Jays theme but I always thought light blue represented the nature of the country well (snow, mountains, ice, lakes, etc.).

Japan - Beautiful set but what would the blue jersey look like with a white wordmark outlined in gold? Might read better.

JB

• Love 1

The lighter gray Italia road jersey is an improvement!

Having not paid much attention to the 2017 WBC, I had to go back and look up Japan's uniforms and yeah, that last set was pretty much perfect. The only thing I might have changed would've been to go with a gold cap "J" trimmed in white. 

Watching the game last night and seeing the Japan unis up close exposed a lot of little problems I have with them, namely red pinstripes that look blue from a distance and the gold collar trim which seems out of place and maybe a bit over-designed. Looking at your concept, I kind of miss the headspoon, but it would probably clash with the collar & sleeve trim. 

Also, I meant to mention that the added front numbers to Brazil and red front numbers on Colombia look great!

• Like 1

On 3/20/2023 at 4:06 PM, MJD7 said:

Israel (ישראל)

They are one of only 2 teams in this series with a different logo design on all 3 jerseys: the country name in Hebrew on the home, English on the away, and the Star of David cap logo on the alternate.

This uniform was heavily inspired by @RoughRiders99's wonderful Israel set in his amazing WBC series.

3cYLa8x.png

jFaU1rU.png

gNtA2KG.png

Hello there!

Thanks! I'm honored! You're doing some great work here too. I'm enjoying this series from afar :) 

Keep it up! 

• Love 1

6 hours ago, timberwolf said:

Awesome series so far. Love the direction of a lot of the teams.

Thanks!

Canada - I wonder what the set would look like with grey swapped out for baby blue. It might be too much on the Blue Jays theme but I always thought light blue represented the nature of the country well (snow, mountains, ice, lakes, etc.).

Personally, I like how Canada's gray looks with the white letters, but I'd never have thought of this!

muofbEu.png

Japan - Beautiful set but what would the blue jersey look like with a white wordmark outlined in gold? Might read better.

If navy wasn't an option for the wordmark, I'd prefer red, so here's a look at both:

U6vP4kc.png

i4UhqG6.png

Japan has used the wordmark in all three variations in the past, and honestly, each one looks really good. 

3 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Watching the game last night and seeing the Japan unis up close exposed a lot of little problems I have with them, namely red pinstripes that look blue from a distance and the gold collar trim which seems out of place and maybe a bit over-designed. Looking at your concept, I kind of miss the headspoon, but it would probably clash with the collar & sleeve trim. 

Interestingly, the pinstripes are a both red and navy, in a criss-cross DNA type pattern. I'm undecided on how I feel about them, so I just went back to the 2017 "dashed" version.

3 hours ago, coco1997 said:

The lighter gray Italia road jersey is an improvement!

Also, I meant to mention that the added front numbers to Brazil and red front numbers on Colombia look great!

Thanks!

2 hours ago, RoughRiders99 said:

Hello there!

Thanks! I'm honored! You're doing some great work here too. I'm enjoying this series from afar :) 

Keep it up! 

Thank you! I mentioned it on Twitter, but your series is truly one of my favorites ever on the boards, and one I refer back to often.

2 hours ago, Bomba Tomba said:

Kinda iffy on the alt - wordmark aside, the combination of red and gold makes me think of China instead of Japan

Would a red jersey, similar to the one they wore in the 2021 Olympics, be better or worse, do you think? It increases the use of red but the gold is minimized.

CznuKyG.png

• Like 3
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, loxley44 said:

Try Gold with White outline with those Red Japan jerseys. That will raise the gold back. That or gold pinstripes. 

The point is to reduce the gold so it doesn't look like China

• Like 1

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

11 hours ago, Bomba Tomba said:

I do prefer that to the one with the gold, but let's hear what the others think.

For me, it was a toss-up, I just went with gray because of the plethora of red jerseys from other teams. I think either option would work, though.

10 hours ago, loxley44 said:

Try Gold with White outline with those Red Japan jerseys. That will raise the gold back. That or gold pinstripes. 

10 hours ago, Bomba Tomba said:

The point is to reduce the gold so it doesn't look like China

Yeah, the minimization of gold was intentional, to reduce comparisons to China's admittedly similar looking alternate jersey.

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

Of the different Japan road options you presented, I think my preference is the red script trimmed in gold. 

They honestly all work really well in my opinion, so I wouldn't even mind seeing them rotate navy jerseys every Classic or something like that!

• Like 1

Australia Update

Per the feedback from @CDCLT, I decided to revert to their current wordmark, and added a sleeve "stripe" inspired by Australian aboriginal art. The boomerang below the wordmark also makes the crossbar of the "A" on the alternate.

T1uAlC3.png

LJX6Yxr.png

24RiMK5.png

• Like 7
  • Love 2

• MJD7 changed the title to World Baseball Classic x NIKE 2023 (Japan: 16 of 30; Australia Update)

Korea (대한민국)

I liked the trapezoid pattern design they went with for the 2013 WBC, so I brought that back by making it the sleeve stripe. I also went back to the brighter blue of previous WBCs. For the alternate, I went with a black-out inspired by the stripes of the flag.

pEAc50I.png

DMNLzaq.png

ScdwmW4.png

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• MJD7 changed the title to World Baseball Classic x NIKE 2023 (Korea: 17 of 30; Australia Update)
On 3/20/2023 at 5:06 PM, MJD7 said:

Israel (ישראל)

They are one of only 2 teams in this series with a different logo design on all 3 jerseys: the country name in Hebrew on the home, English on the away, and the Star of David cap logo on the alternate.

This uniform was heavily inspired by @RoughRiders99's wonderful Israel set in his amazing WBC series.

3cYLa8x.png

jFaU1rU.png

gNtA2KG.png

WOW. Coming from a Team Israel fan, this is very well done. I will say that I think that there might be a different font to make the Hebrew font match the English font. I'm much more of a block font fan, and that's something that they've done before.

• Like 2

Bringing back the Korea's trapezoid pattern as sleeve piping is such a great idea! I also think the ligh blue shade really pops on the black alt.

As for Australia, great update! The new cuff detail perfectly matches the front logo, so does the new "A" with the boomerang!

• Like 2

The segmented sleeve stripes for Australia are a tasteful way to pay homage to the Aboriginal people without being outlandish, and I like that you reverted to their arched wordmark. 

Korea looks gorgeous, especially with that brighter shade of blue. I'm curious how the home and road would look with contrasting raglan style sleeves, keeping the trapezoid pattern for contrast. 

• Like 1