World Baseball Classic x NIKE 2023 (Venezuela: 30 of 30, Series Complete)

MJD7

17 hours ago, NashConcepts said:

WOW. Coming from a Team Israel fan, this is very well done. I will say that I think that there might be a different font to make the Hebrew font match the English font. I'm much more of a block font fan, and that's something that they've done before.

Thank you! Just to clarify, are you suggesting that I try to make the Hebrew font match the away font more, or that I make the away font more of a block style?

10 hours ago, Victormrey said:

Bringing back the Korea's trapezoid pattern as sleeve piping is such a great idea! I also think the ligh blue shade really pops on the black alt.

As for Australia, great update! The new cuff detail perfectly matches the front logo, so does the new "A" with the boomerang!

Thanks!

6 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Korea looks gorgeous, especially with that brighter shade of blue. I'm curious how the home and road would look with contrasting raglan style sleeves, keeping the trapezoid pattern for contrast. 

I intended to go more of a simpler route for Korea, since all of their past uniforms have been so "out there" in different ways, but I've gotta say, the contrasting sleeves do look pretty good!

ainLhbF.png

w3159Jv.png

2 hours ago, raysox said:

Love Korea's set. i've done concepts that are white and black for South Korea before, but that electric blue really pops on the white AND dark uniforms.

Thanks! It is a nice middle ground color that really does work on both backgrounds, so I took advantage of it!

• Like 2

México 

The WBC's surprise team gets triple-color piping, and green returns to the pinstripes of the home jersey and as the alternate. 

The wordmark they've had since the original WBC is great though, no need to change that beyond the addition of an accent mark.

kn0ZHop.png

wPQijV1.png

ftG8r9S.png

• Like 6
  • Love 2

• MJD7 changed the title to World Baseball Classic x NIKE 2023 (México: 18 of 30)
2 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I intended to go more of a simpler route for Korea, since all of their past uniforms have been so "out there" in different ways, but I've gotta say, the contrasting sleeves do look pretty good!

ainLhbF.png

w3159Jv.png

These look fantastic!

I really love what you did with Mexico, especially the green pinstripes and in general going more green heavy, as opposed to the red dominant look the team used for this year’s WBC.

Would it be possible to use split style numbers to go with the wordmarks? The fact that Mexico‘s jersey numbers didn’t remotely match their wordmark bugged me throughout the entire WBC.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2023 at 5:06 PM, MJD7 said:

Israel (ישראל)

They are one of only 2 teams in this series with a different logo design on all 3 jerseys: the country name in Hebrew on the home, English on the away, and the Star of David cap logo on the alternate.

This uniform was heavily inspired by @RoughRiders99's wonderful Israel set in his amazing WBC series.

3cYLa8x.png

jFaU1rU.png

gNtA2KG.png

So much better than what they acrually wore. Great job

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

20 hours ago, coco1997 said:

These look fantastic!

I really love what you did with Mexico, especially the green pinstripes and in general going more green heavy, as opposed to the red dominant look the team used for this year’s WBC

Thanks! I agree, although their red jersey grew on me, I do prefer them being a bit green-heavier, or at least balanced with the red.

20 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Would it be possible to use split style numbers to go with the wordmarks? The fact that Mexico‘s jersey numbers didn’t remotely match their wordmark bugged me throughout the entire WBC.

I could, I didn't like how the number looked that way in red though, so it would have to match the color orientation of the wordmark.

jGIaDxd.png

I'm not sure whether I like this or the contrasting number more.

2 hours ago, johne9109 said:

So much better than what they acrually wore. Great job

Thank you!

• Like 1

• MJD7 changed the title to World Baseball Classic x NIKE 2023 (Netherlands: 19 of 30)

Love what you did with the Netherlands, I was kinda disappointed with their 2023 sets myself. They look so much better with more orange, like you used.

Great work on this series so far! Definitely looking forward to the remaining teams.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mahnkej said:

Love what you did with the Netherlands, I was kinda disappointed with their 2023 sets myself. They look so much better with more orange, like you used.

Great work on this series so far! Definitely looking forward to the remaining teams.

Thanks! I agree, their use of orange is so important, especially since they’re the only team in the tournament that really uses it as a color. 

• Like 2

• MJD7 changed the title to World Baseball Classic x NIKE 2023 (New Zealand: 20 of 30)
On 3/24/2023 at 3:17 PM, MJD7 said:

Thank you! Just to clarify, are you suggesting that I try to make the Hebrew font match the away font more, or that I make the away font more of a block style?

I think make the Hebrew font match the away font a bit more-- or the other way around.

• Like 1

• MJD7 changed the title to World Baseball Classic x NIKE 2023 (Nicaragua: 21 of 30)

I really like the orange pinstripes for the Netherlands. I'm surprised an MLB team hasn't tried that yet.

New Zealand and Nicaragua don't have the most exciting identities, but I think you did the best you could with them. Nice work! 

• Like 1

I really like the orange pinstripes for the Netherlands. I'm surprised an MLB team hasn't tried that yet.

Thanks. I guess the only options for that would be the Giants, Orioles, and Astros, and I don't think pinstripes would really fit for any of them, unfortunately.

New Zealand and Nicaragua don't have the most exciting identities, but I think you did the best you could with them. Nice work! 

Thanks! For New Zealand in particular, I think all of the intrigue rests in the logos and wordmarks, so I didn't want to distract from that. Agreed about Nicaragua though, they didn't offer much to work with.

Pakistan (پاکِستان)

I went with a one sleeve color design, inspired by the asymmetry of the flag. The alternate features the country name in Urdu.

This set was also heavily inspired by @RoughRiders99's take on the team.

RSPzyxb.png

yxpkNwM.png

CqjjeYr.png

EDIT: The alternate has been updated, as I was made aware the original was not an ideal translation of Urdu. The original can be seen here.

• Like 7
  • Love 3

• MJD7 changed the title to World Baseball Classic x NIKE 2023 (Pakistan: 22 of 30)
22 hours ago, CDCLT said:

That one off-colored sleeve is super clever and a great, unique element for Pakistan to own. You're continuing to release great works, keep it up!

Thanks! I agree that it'd be a unique look, that I also don't think would be too outlandish.