World Baseball Classic Great Britain Hat Logo Concept

frogger6

As a baseball fan who is half British, I was excited to see them in the WBC, but completely embarrassed by the state of their uniforms. Actually, a lot of the uniforms and logos in the WBC are pretty bad (more on that later). I decided to start with Great Britain's hat logo. 

Current on left and my design on the right

gb-hat-old-new.png

Edited by officeglenn
Embedded the image
  • Like 2

I think he may have been talking about the image not embedding. For future reference, this is covered in the CCSLC FAQs:

7. Adding images to your post

• If you want to add an image to your post on the CCSLC, you must first upload to a third-party image hosting site, like Imgur. Images cannot be directly uploaded to the forum as it drives up server costs. Images also cannot be directly linked from your computer’s hard drive.
  • Once the image is uploaded to the hosting site, right-click on the image itself and select “Copy image address.” Do not use click on the “Copy link” button on Imgur, as that will give you a link to the gallery, not the image, and it will not embed properly on the forums.
  • Paste the image address (it should end in .jpg, .gif, .png or another raster file format) into the compose or reply box on the forums and it should automatically embed the image into your post.
  • This helpful YouTube video explains how to post pictures hosted on Imgur. The steps are similar on other hosting sites.
  • If your image does not automatically embed when you paste the address into the reply box, click the "Insert other media" box in the lower right hand corner of the window, select "Insert image from URL," and paste the image address there.

As for the concept itself, it's a clever idea but it doesn't quite work in its current iteration. The Union Jack in the "GB" is a nice idea, but makes the "GB" harder to read. The addition of gold only muddies things further. I think it would benefit from a blue background/border instead of gold and more space in between the G and the B. If you can make the internal spaces within the G and the B bigger, that would help too, but not so big as you lose the shield shape.

officeglenn, 

thanks. ive posted here and included images before but i couldnt get it to work this time. Let me try again below with those instructions..

also, thanks for the feedback. here (hopefully) is the logo non-embroidered for better viewing...

i agree on the gold but there needed to be a color that wasnt red, white, or blue to outline the lettering IMO.

B5wOARL.png

• Like 3

I think you could do something more tonal for the Union Jack, like Team GB did on their apparel at the 2012 Olympics. The Union Jack is a recognizable pattern in pretty much any color. Then you could use red as the outline color and not have to bring gold into the mix. I dunno, something to play around with if you want.

• Applause 1

I like the thinking behind what you are trying to do with the GB and the union jack. I just wonder if it gets a little complicated. If there was a way to have both sides mirror each other, I think that might make it smoother to digest. But I know it would take some time to make the G and B work in that way. Even if you just had the union jack + the shield with GB sitting in the middle just on its own I think would be cleaner and still effective. 

I’ve always wanted to see something lion related on the GB hats. Have you ever considered that as a direction? Potentially still incorporating the union jack. Just a thought.

spacer.png