Ujju2's International Soccer Concepts - Update April 2nd: USA is up!

ujju2

Hello everyone, after a few years away from these boards, I've decided to make my glorious return!  I'm planning on sharing concepts for every team that played in the 2022 FIFA World Cup, after which I might do some more teams that might be around in 2026. Without further ado, let's start with my home country, a team in desperate need of new kits, Canada!

spacer.png

First notable change is the manufacturer -  regardless of who was responsible for the 2022 debacle, I felt it was necessary to move away from Nike.

The primary  kit was originally designed with white shorts, and I think it still looks better with white shorts, but I decided to go with the now-iconic all-red look. Fairly straightforward design with the sublimated stripes and maple leaves.

Decided to keep the clash white, though I heavily debated going with an icy light blue. A very Canadian winter-y kit with a compass rose pointing north ( Adidas logo notwithstanding).

Third is self-explanatory, the players and fans seem to love the black. I decided to go with a dark grey instead of a pure black, with an upward facing chevron design inspired by the Toronto Raptors.

Thoughts and feedback appreciated! Next up will probably be the CANMNT's rivals to the south.

Edit: I figured I should add that I had this set completed before Toronto FC unveiled their kits for this season. The similarities between this third and their current home are purely coincidental.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing no replies, I'm going to go ahead and post the USA. Really hoping for some feed back on both the CANMNT and USMNT.

spacer.png

Someone in a recent concept had shared thoughts about how with Canada's rise in soccer, they felt the USA should shy away from red a bit and embrace blue more, despite the popularity of the Waldo jerseys. I completely agree, and furthermore I've always been a huge fan of the sash for the USMNT, so that's the direction I went. Pretty  obvious sublimated Stars and Stripes design for the two main jerseys. Brought back the Waldo stripes for the third, but constrained with navy sleeves. Socks meant to be interchangeable across the three kits.

Thoughts and feedback much appreciated!

• Like 3

• ujju2 changed the title to Ujju2's International Soccer Concepts - Update April 2nd: USA is up!

The only reason why people had nothing to say about these is because you left us speechless.

USA looks good, but I personally disagree with moving away from red, if only because the bomb pop set was my fave.

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

11 hours ago, Bomba Tomba said:

The only reason why people had nothing to say about these is because you left us speechless.

USA looks good, but I personally disagree with moving away from red, if only because the bomb pop set was my fave.

Haha appreciate the flattery. Even if that's the case (which I doubt), I'd still rather hear it than sit in a silent, empty, dark, cold thread...

Anyways, I get that line of thought on the US. Just don't agree. As far as the  bomb pop kit is concerned, I do feel that in addition to being too red (and subsequently too Canadian), they are also too reminiscent of the classic  England secondary jerseys (which they wore this World Cup).

Any thoughts on how you'd improve  either the US or Canada as I have them?