Minnesota Wild / North Stars blender (Updated Wild Concept 5/24)

B-mer

Just playing around with the Wild identity. With everyone clamoring for the North Stars reverse retros, I don't necessarily want to see that happen. If they did change color schemes though I'd prefer the darker green. So, here are a few cracks at mixing the Wild and North Stars.

1. Mainly a North Stars setup with the Wild logos

spacer.png

2. Same as above with current Wild colors

spacer.png

3. A set based more on the Wild's current home and away (though reversed) with North Stars colors.

spacer.png

• Like 12
  • Love 4
  • Applause 1

7 minutes ago, NicDB said:

The darker green looks good, but would Minnesotans want one of their teams to wear such simar colors to the hated Packers?

It appears they associate it with the North Stars more. I don’t know. I’ve just had the idea in my head since the recent discussion of people wanting them to switch to the Reverse Retros. I love dark green/gold but for the Wild I love their current colors more. 

17 hours ago, B-mer said:

It appears they associate it with the North Stars more. I don’t know. I’ve just had the idea in my head since the recent discussion of people wanting them to switch to the Reverse Retros. I love dark green/gold but for the Wild I love their current colors more. 

To me, a big part of the charm of the reverse retros is that they actually look like the North Stars when everyone is skating around. I feel like a lot of that charm is lost with a darker shade of green.

• Like 3

All of these sets are gorgeous and if I were a Wild fan I'd be happy with any of them.

I actually like Minnesota in green and red, I think its a great colour scheme that fits the team perfectly. The "christmas" complaints are complete nonsense. At the same time, they look great in green and gold too, which is an amazing colour scheme and I wish somebody in the league would use it. Its like the Kings. Silver and black is a great colour scheme, but I also think its a shame that out of 32 teams in the NHL, not a single one wears an iota of purple.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Chromatic said:

All of these sets are gorgeous and if I were a Wild fan I'd be happy with any of them.

I actually like Minnesota in green and red, I think its a great colour scheme that fits the team perfectly. The "christmas" complaints are complete nonsense. At the same time, they look great in green and gold too, which is an amazing colour scheme and I wish somebody in the league would use it. Its like the Kings. Silver and black is a great colour scheme, but I also think its a shame that out of 32 teams in the NHL, not a single one wears an iota of purple.

The Coyotes have purple on the logos for their home and road. 1 out of 32 is still too few though.

1 hour ago, VampyrRabbit said:

The Coyotes have purple on the logos for their home and road. 1 out of 32 is still too few though.

You are correct, I forgot about the purple in the Coyotes logos, largely due to what a miniscule amount it is, which I think emphasizes my point. It would be like counting the Ravens as a team that wears red or the Blackhawks as a team that wears gold.

20 hours ago, BuckDancer said:

Option 2 is the best! Love the revision you made on the white jersey.

BTW, what is the color of the outline on the roundel logo? It isn't cream or yellow, it looks to be some kind of gold? Did the wild ever use that color?

I honestly don’t remember. It was either what it came as or I may have darkened it. 

As a North Stars fan back in the day and a (far less passionate) Wild fan today I like these a lot, especially #2 (original). #1 is great too, though as much as I love the old North Star uniforms, I tend to prefer the Wild with red and green. The wheat makes tons of sense given the team's name, the polarization of "Christmas colors," and the connection to the old Devils. The white uniform in your first post looks very Devilsh. And I love it. In fact, I'd be curious to see the green uniform without white.

I like all of these, though and I think either white uniform (green/red) would be a big improvement and the green from #2 would be a bit of an improvement, as well.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Love these.

The only one I don't like is the option 3 white. I never liked that chest stripe they introduced a few years ago. While I think a chest stripe works sometimes (Montreal for sure and Florida to a point), Minnesota's just looks slapped on with no regard for the look of the rest of the uniform.

If the option 3 white was basically a white version of the colored uniform, like in options 1 and 2, all three options would be great.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2023 at 8:23 AM, B-mer said:

made a change to the road with Wild colors to incorporate some wheat and call back to the original white jersey.

spacer.png

These are gorgeous! Wouldn't even mind seeing them change their primary look to this style.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Love the initial concepts. Look great. 

I was pondering a Wild throwback to the North Star years awhile back and came up with this. Thought it would be a fun tribute. 

spacer.png

• Love 2

Try your hand at matching your design skills while rebranding a sports logo at superdesignbowl.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • B-mer changed the title to Minnesota Wild / North Stars blender (Updated Wild Concept 5/24)