MLB MULTIVERSE (Florida Sox Real-Life Jerseys For Sale)

MJD7

aUf6H4U.png

Alright guys, I’m pretty excited for this next concept series. 

I call it “MLB MULTIVERSE,” it’s essentially collection of “what-ifs”: either relocations of MLB teams that very nearly happened, or what certain teams would possibly look like if they never relocated in the first place. 

This series was heavily inspired by @SFGiants58's legendary “MLB: The Defunct Saga” and Todd Radom’s “Phantom Franchise” series on Buster Olney’s podcast

I have over 60 (!) different alternate-universe teams to show, my biggest series ever by far, so hopefully you won’t be sick of me by the time we’re done. 

I’m going to go in a randomized order for this series, so that even I won’t know which team will be up next each day, which should be exciting. With that, Let’s begin!

MLB MULTIVERSE

Compliations

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE (Toronto Giants V.1: black & orange)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Miami Marlins (Browns)]
On 6/2/2023 at 10:05 AM, CLEstones said:

That Marlins font is on point.  Custom?

Thanks, it's actually mainly a font called "Catchland" (essentially the Dodgers' script font), with a few modifications to make it more in-line with the old St. Louis Browns script

On 6/2/2023 at 10:07 AM, Megildur said:

Love the title and great start! I love the black-and-orange combo and the use of the maple leaf for the Giants is quite smart. I'd take your Marlins over the current ones 10 times out of 10.

Thank you, I appreciate it!

20 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

That Marlins script is great, and I love the sleeve patch. Could you do a sleeveless  shirt with teal pinstripes (1997 home ) with that script please?

Thanks! Sure thing, here's a look:

x3ENYIt.png

19 hours ago, BillFromPA said:

Keep 'em coming! MLB The Defunct Saga was a favorite of mine.

Will do! It was one of my favorites to follow, as well.

• Like 5

What if... the Athletics relocated to New Orleans?

One of many near-relocations of the A's in this series, this one was in the late 70's, where the A's would have shared the Superdome with the Saints. I added purple to the classic green & gold to give a Mardi Gras theme.

Wq2hpLU.png

boGKk8x.png

aFHyAPc.png

vpBayIC.png

• Like 14

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [New Orleans Athletics]

What if... the Pirates relocated to Tampa Bay?

A lot of teams were looking at Tampa Bay in the 80's, and one of those teams was the Pirates. I replaced black with navy, added a "Pirates" script, and a skull-and-crossbones flag patch that syncs well with another Tampa team.

bytQbxt.png

mRA3m8p.png

IIA43SR.png

66w1Ftj.png

• Like 10
  • Love 3
  • Applause 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Tampa Bay Pirates]

I'm absolutely sure the Pirates would have kept the black and gold if they moved to Tampa, the region is famed for pirate lore and the Gasparilla festival takes place there every year. The Pirates brand would have fitted Tampa Bay like a glove, and I doubt the owners would have made the team colours less piratical.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, VampyrRabbit said:

I'm absolutely sure the Pirates would have kept the black and gold if they moved to Tampa, the region is famed for pirate lore and the Gasparilla festival takes place there every year. The Pirates brand would have fitted Tampa Bay like a glove, and I doubt the owners would have made the team colours less piratical.

Maybe, but I tried not to get too hung up on what exactly "would've" happened, as it would've then essentially just been the regular Pirates set with "Tampa Bay" on the road jersey. I wanted to take at least a little bit of creative liberty of my own with these teams, and you'll continue to see that throughout the rest of the series.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Maybe, but I tried not to get too hung up on what exactly "would've" happened, as it would've then essentially just been the regular Pirates set with "Tampa Bay" on the road jersey. I wanted to take at least a little bit of creative liberty of my own with these teams, and you'll continue to see that throughout the rest of the series.

I do prefer black and gold to blue and gold for the Pirates, but can't deny it's a nice colour scheme. I would like to see the Pirates set in gold, black and red, as I can see the team in Tampa adding red to the colour scheme just like the team did in Pittsburgh in 1997.

And almost forgot, thanks for doing the Marlins pinstripe jersey. The 1997 sleeveless jersey was the definative version of that uniform.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

I do prefer black and gold to blue and gold for the Pirates

I honestly agree, but I also prefer the Pirates in Pittsburgh as opposed to Tampa Bay. It’s one of those “we’re in the proper timeline” moments, which a lot of these teams will feel like. I’m not sure if it’s just because it’s what we’re used to, but I tend to prefer the teams we have in real-life more than most of the ones in this series, as fun as they were to do.

I would like to see the Pirates set in gold, black and red, as I can see the team in Tampa adding red to the colour scheme just like the team did in Pittsburgh in 1997.

The only reason I’d want to avoid that is that a few other teams will have that exact color scheme later on in the series. Moreover, it doesn’t really feel like a “Tampa” color scheme to me.

And almost forgot, thanks for doing the Marlins pinstripe jersey. The 1997 sleeveless jersey was the definative version of that uniform.

Sure thing!

2 hours ago, johne9109 said:

That A's set works really well and the Elephant on the ball feels oddly on brand for Mardi Gras

Thanks! I thought about removing the elephant since, as @SFGiants58 acutely pointed out, a lot of New Orleans fans would also be LSU fans, and the elephant is the mascot of LSU's rival school, Alabama. I eventually decided against removing it, as I don't think it would be too big of an issue. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, raysox said:

fun series so far! 

I think the A's would benefit from a small tweak to their colors. I know they're Mardi Gras colors, but a slight adjustment so they mesh together would elevate it a little like the color palette below.
HO22_NBACityEdition_NA_OffBody_NewOrlean

Thanks! With regards to the A's colors, are you suggesting adjusting the actual shades, or adding black/navy to the palette, like the jersey? If you just mean tweaking the shades, what kind of adjustments would you make? To me, the two schemes look pretty similar, so I'm not sure if I'm missing something.

• Like 1

What if... the Pirates relocated to New Orleans?

Discussions happened in the early 80's, mostly as a bluff to convince Pittsburgh to get them a better stadium. I changed athletic gold to more of an old gold, akin to the Saints.

VpvQ3f2.png

E4fMIiQ.png

CjvaYEO.png

Jgr1Vzs.png

• Like 13

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [New Orleans Pirates]
22 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Thanks! With regards to the A's colors, are you suggesting adjusting the actual shades, or adding black/navy to the palette, like the jersey? If you just mean tweaking the shades, what kind of adjustments would you make? To me, the two schemes look pretty similar, so I'm not sure if I'm missing something.

For sure, the green is more yellow and purple is more red than the one in the Pelicans reference. I think shading them closer to blue will make them come together a little easier.

• Like 1