AFL Preliminary Finals this week

Alphabet Man

Friday night

Port Adelaide v ST KILDA, AAMI Stadium @ 7.30 CST

*ST KILDA legend ROBERT HARVEY will this week play his 300th day match to become only the 4th SAINTER to reach the 300 day game mark. He joins 1966 grand-final hero Barry Breen, recent heroes in Stewart Loewe and Nathan Burke in the 300 game club.

*ST KILDA full-forward FRASER GEHRIG is likely to kick his 100th goal for the season this friday night. If any1 sees a replay of this this match or highlights watch for everyone to invade the ground when he kicks goal 100 (in particular me as i'll be going to Adelaide for the match....i'm wearing one of my ST KILDA jumpers)

Saturday night

Brisbane Lions v Geelong, MCG @ 7.30 AEST

*This game will be a Brisbane home game at the MCG because of an AFL agreement to play at least one of the Preliminaries and the Grand Final to help cover the cost of the Great Southern Stand erected in 1992...this is a 40yr deal

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Dangit, why'd I go and schedule myself to go to a hockey refereeing seminar on Saturday morning, the day of/after (depending on how you see it) the Grand Final? Usually the GF ends about 3am or so here, and I'm supposed to be at the seminar at 9. Dangit!

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The ground is owned by the Victorian State government, and run by the Melbourne Cricket Club (MCC). It's primary user is the AFL.

The MCC are paying for it, through bank loans, with the understanding that the AFL play one Final (Playoff) each week of the finals, and 10 of the biggest 12 games of the season there.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

The Victorian Government is taking on a lot of the burden of the MCG redevelopment because, as I understand it, it was part of the bid for the 2006 Commonwealth Games. They're not paying nearly as much as the MCC, but it's still a lot of money. I think I read somewhere that the Govt are paying $40mil and the MCC are paying over $100mil. I might have to look that up though.

The AFL and Federal Government have nothing to do with the project... the AFL will eventually benefit from the improvements, but they don't have anything to do with planning or finances.

gee, walked through the Adelaide city on friday morning in my saints jumper and got so many 'go saints' and only one 'go power'.....stayed in Glenelg and you could see the groud fro mthe 10th floor

Port supporters and mongrels and dopey and stupid.....we would have won had the umpires watched the game and made the right calls rather than listen to the crowd. Milney was out-of-bounds and they called holding the ball....and Guerra should have kicked that goal.....any1 see G-Trains 100th goal? i wore a yellow jumper underneath my home jumper

How old are you aussie? A child running on I can understand, but I saw a lot of fully grown men running on to the ground. Seemed a little bit... I dunno, sad.

You'd think that they would realise they were killing St. Kilda's momentum when every Saints player on the field told them to bugger off. B)

i was at the far side to where he kicked it....the other end and i ran on and a security guy tried stopping me so i ran around him cos' there were heaps running on.....and i was near the 50m arc at the right hand side of screen watching it on TV

Port?! I thought Port was pretty much the laughingstock of the league...?

they were given the 'chokers' tag after they finished on top 2yrs in a row and couldn't win a final

What's all this about running on?

tradition. when a player kicks his 100th goal for a season or breaks a goal kicking record the crowd runs on to the arena....i last did it when i was 2 or 3 with my dad when Plugger kicked 100's in 92 and/or 93

Archived