24 MLB Season Thread

Gary

1 minute ago, Gary said:

Meanwhile in Los Angeles 

For everyone in the comments that's laughing and saying he has no case, that's likely not what this is about.  He probably knows he has a very weak case (if any at all) but probably hoping that they settle for like 5% or 10% of the sale price just to make it go away.  Pretty smart on the kid's part.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, Shumway said:

Angels are currently down 7-0 and about to get swept by the White Sox.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952sbc14rerl5khipwdiz

the funny thing is that this is exactly what I expected. the Angels will see that something fun is about to happen, throw a gigantic hissyfit, and do everything in their power to ruin it for everybody. every single time.

contract this franchise. the foundation is compromised. throw this one in the dumpster and give SoCal a completely new, mold-free AL team. I'm getting really tired of nothing ever happening.

• Like 1

53Ocz8U.png

2 hours ago, Partycrasher said:

the funny thing is that this is exactly what I expected. the Angels will see that something fun is about to happen, throw a gigantic hissyfit, and do everything in their power to ruin it for everybody. every single time.

contract this franchise. the foundation is compromised. throw this one in the dumpster and give SoCal a completely new, mold-free AL team. I'm getting really tired of nothing ever happening.

That's why nothing that happens there matters, and nobody that plays there should be trusted.  Ohtani obviously proved, to nobody's surprise, that he's legit.  But other clowns that have been good there and since left have been jokes, like this "unhittable" Estevez loser that forgot how to pitch as soon as he's playing in front of 44k on an nightly basis for a team competing for the top seed.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't know, folks. I've been thinking lately about how the farcical-but-inspirational baseball comedy was such a key film genre of the 80s and 90s but has subsequently died out; a miracle 6-game win streak to avoid being the Worst Ever has the makings to be a sensational revival of the form.

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

That's why nothing that happens there matters, and nobody that plays there should be trusted.  Ohtani obviously proved, to nobody's surprise, that he's legit.  But other clowns that have been good there and since left have been jokes, like this "unhittable" Estevez loser that forgot how to pitch as soon as he's playing in front of 44k on an nightly basis for a team competing for the top seed.  

For the record, Estevez has an ERA just above 2 and nearly a strikeout per inning pitched since joining the Phillies while converting 6 of 7 save opportunities.

Edit: My stats were a little off (looked at an old page), but he's been pretty good for the Phillies.

1 hour ago, Shumway said:

For the record, Estevez has an ERA just above 2 and nearly a strikeout per inning pitched since joining the Phillies while converting 6 of 7 save opportunities.

Edit: My stats were a little off (looked at an old page), but he's been pretty good for the Phillies.

He's been bailed out by robbed home runs, inherited runners scoring that aren't charged to him, and getting in and out of trouble.  He's certainly not Kimbrel level of scary when he comes in, but by no means does anyone feel confident.  It's such a shame that Alvarado reverted to his early '22 self and has basically lost every high-leverage opportunity.

8 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Get ready for 11 out of 12 failed dodgers postseasons

Considering that pitching IL, this is the one year that I wouldn’t call it a failure.

Glasnow

Kershaw

Stone

May

Gonsolin

Sheehan

Ryan

Frasso

Brogdon

Graterol

Hurt

Miller (activated, but completely lost afterward)

Honeywell (broken fingernail, maybe back for the playoffs since God knows they need the help)

VmWIn6B.png