How much will you miss hockey?

OnWis97

How much willyou miss the NHL?  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, this makes me sad. Unlike some of you there is no minor/junior option living in northren NJ (the nearest minor league team is in treaton, 2 hours away. And the games aren't on tv as they are an echl team).

how far are you from Pennsylvania? You might be able to catch the Philadelphia Phantoms or the WBS Penguins. I know Comcast shows a few of their games on TV, maybe a few more this year.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Well, this makes me sad. Unlike some of you there is no minor/junior option living in northren NJ (the nearest minor league team is in treaton, 2 hours away. And the games aren't on tv as they are an echl team).

how far are you from Pennsylvania? You might be able to catch the Philadelphia Phantoms or the WBS Penguins. I know Comcast shows a few of their games on TV, maybe a few more this year.

That's much farther. I live about a half hour from NYC.

In the 3 rotisserie leagues I run, it means an obvious break for me -- however most of the owners in these leagues are die-hard hockey (NHL and non-NHL) fans and have expressed the opinion that they don't care how long the league is absent, they want it to come back only when they are on good economic ground.

True hockey fans can get their fix in any number of ways. I'll be introducing my 2 boys to Windsor Spitfire hockey..maybe I'll even check out a few Great Lakes Junior C games in Belle River, Essex and Kingsville! (When the fights aren't on the ice, they're in the crowds!)

I won't miss the NHL for a while I'm guessing. For one, I have the Moose to cheer whenever I get in the mood, and second, it'll be nice to have a larger variety of sports on the tube than just hockey. (Most Canadians will know what I'm talking about, most Americans won't.) For once SportsCentre might show some basketball in the first half hour of the program.

What I'm worried about is that they'll show stupid "sports" on TSN like Poker, Darts, and Strongman Provincial Qualifiers.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I'm glad I live as close to the Philadelphia Phantoms (21 miles) :D

but seriously, i'm gonna miss hockey :cry::cry::cry: the phantoms arent nearly as good as the Flyers, and i hate watching basketball, especially the sixers

ah well.. E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES

"We have nothing to fear except fear itself."

I like hockey but a break may be good. On TSN they shove hockey down our throats so much, they make it seem like its the only sport there is. However I will miss it a bit, not for a while, right now its football season and baseball playoffs for me come hockey playoff time itll be dissapointing but meh, the league needs to get straigtened out its in a sad state

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Now I'll admit, I don't watch hockey NEARLY as much as most of the guys on this board, but come playoff time, the only thing I watch are the Stanley Cup Playoffs, because quite frankly, there's nothing better than high-stakes, Win-Or-Go-Home hockey... {And it beats the hell out of the NBA playoffs, that's for sure}... So I'll miss it come playoff time :cry:

I was counting on the Roadrunners to fill my hockey void, but since the maple leafs chased them away I guess I'm left with the Generals.

Maybe we can bring back Lindros :)

it would be nice to have the Roadrunners back in the Phoenix Valley Metro Area, but oh well would of been nice, And the Generals will have a great season this year, and become 3-time Colonial Cup Champions. So you will have a good season watching some Flint Generals Hockey

I was counting on the Roadrunners to fill my hockey void, but since the maple leafs chased them away I guess I'm left with the Generals.

Maybe we can bring back Lindros :)

it would be nice to have the Roadrunners back in the Phoenix Valley Metro Area, but oh well would of been nice, And the Generals will have a great season this year, and become 3-time Colonial Cup Champions. So you will have a good season watching some Flint Generals Hockey

:lol:

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived