How much will you miss hockey?

OnWis97

How much willyou miss the NHL?  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you know, without the NHL, I think that i'll just die...no wait, life just might be worth living without the pros. I'd rather watch the OHL, they play for more than money, which it seems is all that the bigs do.

so to the brainchildren running the NHL and NHLPA . go screw yourself. i'll spend my hockey money elsewhere

On ESPN 56% of people don't care at all! :D

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

On ESPN 56% of people don't care at all!  :D

Those people are clueless.

If this results in playoff hockey in later June, hooray. This World Cup has shown me (and re-enforced my belief) how awesome summer hockey is. I'll just have to get the Screaming Eagles to fill my void for now.

This list made me laugh though: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...e=vecsey/040916

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Very funny!

Without hockey, the only place for on-ice violence will be at the U.S. Women's Figure Skating Championships.

On the bright side, the Sharks' players book club can finally get around to its much-delayed roundtable discussion of "The Da Vinci Code."

With no season, commissioner Gary Bettman will probably look to pick up more hours in his second job as The Count on "Sesame Street."

Each day without hockey, the Blackhawks' 14-year rebuilding plan will take just that much longer to come to fruition. The team will have to raise ticket prices to cover the cost.

Toronto's worst fear will be realized: Without hockey, they're not really that much different from Hamilton, are they?

Without hockey, Canadians will finally have enough time to iron out those plans to attack their primary U.S. target: Mall of America in Minneapolis.

I saw, I came, I left.

In the 3 rotisserie leagues I run, it means an obvious break for me --

This just in: Mrs Commish as been indicted for conspiracy and bribery with both sides to guarantee a lock-out...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

So I guess Canadians are the only one's with their stuff together huh? :therock:

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

So I guess Canadians are the only one's with their stuff together huh? :therock:

Gotta love taking things out of context and blowing them out of proportion.

BS, have you completely missed the point? Please tell me you're joking.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

On ESPN 56% of people don't care at all! :D

If this results in playoff hockey in later June, hooray. This World Cup has shown me (and re-enforced my belief) how awesome summer hockey is. I'll just have to get the Screaming Eagles to fill my void for now.

This list made me laugh though: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...e=vecsey/040916

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Good list--to add favorites of mine not quoted above-

Without hockey, the Thrashers fan who dresses up in "Braveheart" gear and rallies fans with blood-curdling yells will have to find a new outlet to express himself. Sir, may I suggest decaf during these trying times.
Without hockey, fans will give NBA games a shot. Security will politely ask them to stop blowing that foghorn after every basket.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Looks like this thread turned into a CBA discussion.

I just can't beleive that as a "Business" the employees and the Boss keep fighting with absolute disregard for their clients: THE FANS.

The Fans are the clients? hardly.

I'd like some of you experts that may know this information to tell me: what is the percentage revenue a typical NHL Team gets from the fans, as opposed to sponsors and Media deals?

Nevertheless, if you are a fan who wants the fans to have a voice have a look at the following:

National Hockey League Fans' Association

I don't usually think it's right to use a board for advertising, but I beleive this is relevent to this thread.

Finally the fans get an outlet, and specifically, in Canada, the CBC has given the NHLFA some attention, so much that the clown that calls himself the Commissioner of the NHL agreed to meet some fans in a televised show, to be aired on the week of Sept.20

The NHLFA has sent an invitation to its members to attend or send in questions. If you join the association you'll have access to the invite in their Fan Services Section

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I see our good friend Nike has already gotten ont he lockout beat of things, airing a commercial of an ice hockey rink slowly melting, empty stands, and an unused zamboni. at the end, where it usually displays the slogan 'just do it' you get 'please bring it back'

now, it would be awesome if it was an NHL fan accosiation that came up with that, but I got the feeling Nike is gonna miss hocking merch than anything else, but thats just me. (they got me already, after I dropped $90 on a brand new team Canada sweater)

Archived