2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

5 hours ago, kaleb_girod said:

Why does every team insist that which uniform combo they wear affects if they win or lose? This trend has gotten increasingly annoying. Teams need to quit attributing every outcome of a game to a uniform and quit the uniform superstition crap. It’s old now.

Look at a team like the Raiders or Packers, or in CBF like Alabama or Georgia. Teams with only one home and one away set. When they lose a game, do they quit wearing that combo? Nope, because that’s all they have. It’s literally only and issue with teams who have multiple helmet, jersey, and pants combos.

I agree with this, I feel like it's one thing if you want to switch it up for contrast, or just for something different one time or another.

I'll give you an example, Iowa (whose uniforms are the Steelers) have worn the same look home + road save for a few exceptions:

- The Alt Blackout unis in 2015 vs Minnesota & 2017 vs tOSU

- All black (normal jerseys with Steelers CR style pants) at least once a year since 2019(?)

- Recently wore the black pants on the road @ Penn State last year

- Wore Gold jerseys with the black pants vs Minnesota last year.

You always know what they;re wearing. I think I would prefer a team to have a standard home look, and a standard away look that they always wear. Like I would prefer if the Eagles went G/W/B at home & W/G/B away. They can do W/W/B once ot twice on the road but keep it simple.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CitizenTino said:

Interesting…Despite what we saw in that preseason photoshoot, it appears the Browns are sticking with brown face masks on the white alternate helmets this year.

Thankfully they kept the brown face mask for the white helmet.

• Like 3

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

18 minutes ago, SportsFan12 said:

I forgot how annoying it is that the pant stripe has silver but the helmet stripe doesn’t.

It's funny. I read this and suddenly started looking at the Giants who also have gray pants stripes but no other gray except the facemasks.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

It's funny. I read this and suddenly started looking at the Giants who also have gray pants stripes but no other gray except the facemasks.

Wait until you find out about the absence of red on the home jersey and blue on the away uniform.

4 minutes ago, kaleb_girod said:

Watching this Cowboys/Giants game is just another reminder why I hate that Color Rush was ever a thing. Aka the start of the mono-color sock mess like we see here with both teams…

Curse you Color Rush

You’d think it’d be a no brainer for the Cowboys to wear blue socks, but apparently the team has no brains to make that decision.

5 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Falcons are wearing their throwbacks this weekend. 

I saw this image and thought the red helmet and jersey is really not that bad of a look—

GYaTXvRaQAE71VN?format=jpg&name=large

Now if only the Saints could wear their white/gold combo this week, this would be a beautiful matchup.

But we all know the Saints will go full stupid mode as usual and go all-white…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

Reminder that this should be the Cowboys primary helmet AND jersey

GYcMX6PbwAAl3vv?format=jpg&name=large

I could get behind making the 1994 white/1995 blue the primary Cowboys jerseys

spacer.png

spacer.png

Burn that white helmet though.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 3

7 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Falcons are wearing their throwbacks this weekend. 

I saw this image and thought the red helmet and jersey is really not that bad of a look—

GYaTXvRaQAE71VN?format=jpg&name=large

I think this is why it’ll never happen:

spacer.png

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Wait until you find out about the absence of red on the home jersey and blue on the away uniform.

You’d think it’d be a no brainer for the Cowboys to wear blue socks, but apparently the team has no brains to make that decision.

No you don't understand! It was originally conceived as a color rush jersey in 2015, so they are required to wear boring socks with the uniform in 2024.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

I can get behind it, but to be honest, the jersey needs a bit of a touch up. lighten the navy blue (the Cowboys are an example to lighten the navy blue unlike the Houston Texans that makes the look unique to them, but the Cowboys is that exception) and possibly get rid of the middle silver stripe to just have it white and blue only.

4 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

To all the members who reacted with 👎😵‍💫🤮 -- please tell me how their current whites are better.

sSZxj2r.png

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 2
  • Eyeroll 1

6uXNWAo.png

32 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

I can get behind it, but to be honest, the jersey needs a bit of a touch up. lighten the navy blue (the Cowboys are an example to lighten the navy blue unlike the Houston Texans that makes the look unique to them, but the Cowboys is that exception) and possibly get rid of the middle silver stripe to just have it white and blue only.

If you're gonna go full white helmet why not just go back to the original, superior version without the unnecessary extra outlines?

spacer.png