2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

Everyone here wanting the Cowboys to turn into the dark Colts or dark Lions. The Cowboys have one of the most iconic home jerseys in sports. Yeah it's mishmashed blues and silvers but it is unique to them and I don't see them changing it anytime soon.

• Like 5
  • Dislike 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Eyeroll 1

8 hours ago, Colin56 said:

No you don't understand! It was originally conceived as a color rush jersey in 2015, so they are required to wear boring socks with the uniform in 2024.

Guess again. Here are some examples of that being false.

The Seahawks have worn navy pants and socks with their green jersey.

The Browns have worn orange socks with their CR jersey.

The Raiders now wear silver pants and black socks with their CR jersey.

All Dallas would have to do is redesignate their CR jersey as a third jersey to bypass any rules about CR being a single base color below the neck. The only thing stopping Dallas from adding navy socks is an unwillingness to do so.

14 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

My Lord, that’s boring.  They need to match the helmet to the pants, not the other way around.  

Navy and silver sucks.  

Looks like we have some disagreement here 🤔 I think the solution is to... leave things the way they are.

Seriously. The weird pants are iconic at this point for the Cowboys. And they have other uniform combos that do match. Everyone recognizes them for their main uniform, though.

• Dislike 1

7 hours ago, Colin56 said:

Everyone here wanting the Cowboys to turn into the dark Colts or dark Lions. The Cowboys have one of the most iconic home jerseys in sports. Yeah it's mishmashed blues and silvers but it is unique to them and I don't see them changing it anytime soon.

Unique ≠ Good

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

12 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Reminder that this should be the Cowboys primary helmet AND jersey

GYcMX6PbwAAl3vv?format=jpg&name=large

I wouldn't mind the Cowboys going with an white helmet for a rebrand/new look, to harken back to the 60's, at least they they'll be able to streamline the blue mess they have going on. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cujo said:

Is there even a single Dallascowboys fan out there who would be upset with this tweak?

F51_IFZWsAAgm2h.jpg:large

I'm 1000% on board with making the blues consistent, but I'd prefer royal over navy.

spacer.png

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Aardvark said:

Looks like we have some disagreement here 🤔 I think the solution is to... leave things the way they are.

Seriously. The weird pants are iconic at this point for the Cowboys. And they have other uniform combos that do match. Everyone recognizes them for their main uniform, though.

I’d definitely pick leaving the Cowboys where they are over pairing them down to a snooze inducing navy and silver.  

If you want to know what the Cowboys colors should be just google some high quality images from the 70’s.  

• Like 5
  • Yawn 1

9 hours ago, Colin56 said:

Seconded.  Pasteurizing the Cowboys identity for the sake of making a tiny subset of people happy that their colors match is not the right call.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

10 hours ago, Cujo said:

To all the members who reacted with 👎😵‍💫🤮 -- please tell me how their current whites are better.

sSZxj2r.png

None of this color chart stuff matters here.  This isn't a new franchise or brand identity that's starting from scratch.  Yes, it's odd.  It's quirky.  It doesn't make sense.   But it's a longstanding, familiar, iconic, well-known identity that's completely unique to the Dallas Cowboys.  

Changing it would be diluting the brand.  Might as well get rid of the Star while you're at it.

Not going to happen, nor should it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I’d definitely pick leaving the Cowboys where they are over pairing them down to a snooze inducing navy and silver. 

Not every NFL color combo needs to look OMFG spectacular. 

And if they do change, they've already landed on navy if you check all their sideline gear and merch.

6uXNWAo.png