2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Counterpoint:

855288328.jpg.0.jpg

Totally get the point you're making and it's valid.

I just think that it's a different time - with the focus on brand identity that didn't really exist in the 80's & 90's, and the now-dominant Georgia Bulldogs football program, a move by the Falcons back to Red helmets & primaries would be seen negatively as an imitation or an encroachment on the success of their collegiate neighbor.

54 minutes ago, Cujo said:

UGA: "The Falcons can't steal our identity!!"

Also UGA:

Green Bay Packers Logo, symbol, meaning, history, PNG, brand

Different state, different color scheme.  And you're talking about a logo that's been established in the state of Georgia since Lombardi gave them permission to use it in the 60's.   Strawman argument.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rfraser85 said:

Guess again. Here are some examples of that being false.

The Seahawks have worn navy pants and socks with their green jersey.

The Browns have worn orange socks with their CR jersey.

The Raiders now wear silver pants and black socks with their CR jersey.

All Dallas would have to do is redesignate their CR jersey as a third jersey to bypass any rules about CR being a single base color below the neck. The only thing stopping Dallas from adding navy socks is an unwillingness to do so.

I was being facetious. And they don't need to designate anything as anything, because "color rush" has not been an official thing in the NFL since 2018.

59 minutes ago, DouglasQuaid said:

spacer.png

They should've never changed, not sure how people can think the current uniforms look good.

Look at that.  The Cowboys wearing their actual colors.

Helmet and pants colors match. (And neither are silver.)

Helmet decals and stripes are the same color as the jersey. (And neither are... yawn... navy.)

That's a great uniform, and one that's unique to only one NFL team... no, scratch that... one that's unique to only one sports team.  It's baffling to me that anyone wouldn't want to see the Cowboys look like this again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SportsFan12 said:

Not that there was any doubt at all, but the Saints are wearing all-white and wasting an Atlanta throwback game. They appear to be doing these player announcement things every week, which means it will probably be mono for at least 15-16 games.

The Saints jerseys have to be the biggest wasted potential in sports, I swear

59 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

I just think that it's a different time - with the focus on brand identity that didn't really exist in the 80's & 90's, and the now-dominant Georgia Bulldogs football program, a move by the Falcons back to Red helmets & primaries would be seen negatively as an imitation or an encroachment on the success of their collegiate neighbor.

Eh, disagree. I don't think it would be seen quite that way. I think if there was a negative response it would be to going back on a black helmet identity the Falcons have had since the 90's.

For example, if they were to switch their throwbacks to 70's designs with the red jerseys, I think they'd be well received.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Colin56 said:

I'm trying to say that I'd rather a team look unique, even if the uniforms aren't great, than look too similar to another team.

Huh??? So a team should look like :censored: to ensure they don’t look like another team?

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

Ok, so since there is too much black in the NFC South, why not just bug the Panthers to change their uniforms. Atlanta is fine where they are at, but they need a lot of tweaks in the uniform around the board to look much better. Bring back the silver pants and they will look very good or if they want to use black alt pants, then that is fine too. Red jersey that is not a gradient. The Panthers need a slight touch up. But I guess like the AFC North, they have an abundance of dark jerseys similar to the NFC South.

21 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Huh??? So a team should look like :censored: to ensure they don’t look like another team?

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

spacer.png

spacer.png

The big difference is their conference and division. Buffalo being the AFC East and the Giants being the NFC East.

• LOL 1

3 hours ago, Cujo said:

Not every NFL color combo needs to look OMFG spectacular. 

And if they do change, they've already landed on navy if you check all their sideline gear and merch.

They've also already landed on Mike McCarthy as their head coach.  It'd never too late to start making better decisions.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

The big difference is their conference and division. Buffalo being the AFC East and the Giants being the NFC East.

I generally think both of these teams look better now than they did in the 80s. The Giants could maybe go back to gray road pants though.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Look at that.  The Cowboys wearing their actual colors.

Helmet and pants colors match. (And neither are silver.)

Helmet decals and stripes are the same color as the jersey. (And neither are... yawn... navy.)

That's a great uniform, and one that's unique to only one NFL team... no, scratch that... one that's unique to only one sports team.  It's baffling to me that anyone wouldn't want to see the Cowboys look like this again.

I do like that look for them. I always call that grey blue color Cadillac Blue for some reason. But I love the look, the idea of that color and the matching uniforms to the road ones. The 1981 look is great to if they made that into royal blue instead of navy blue.

40 minutes ago, Colin56 said:

I'm trying to say that I'd rather a team look unique, even if the uniforms aren't great, than look too similar to another team.

Ok, well

The Gridiron Uniform Database: 2012-06-10 (nfluniforms.blogspot.com)

hqdefault.jpg

Forgot the Chargers and Rams?!!! The Chargers from 1974-1984 had the same look as the Rams did. And there was another team that almost look very similar, but can pass very different because of how their uniform sequence went. Oh wait, now I know,

philadelphia-eagles-v-new-york-jets.jpg?