RJ’s best and worst NFL matchups week 2

Week 2 was actually a pretty good week when it came to the aesthetics. I can maybe think of 1 or 2 games that were outright bad. At worst, some of them were just decent. Well here are my picks.

Best:

1) Dolphins vs Bills. I knew this was gonna be on here the moment the dolphins walked out with those sick throwbacks. The bills have one of the best uni sets in the league and the blue and red always looks so good against teal and orange

spacer.png

2) Lions vs Buccaneers. This game came straight out of the 1997 NFC central and I love it. Detroit needs to either burn those blue and white pants or add some stripes on them because striping the pants adds so much to a uniform’s overall look.

spacer.png

3) Raiders vs Ravens. It almost feels like a cheat code to put the Raiders on here. They just pair good with just about any NFL team and the Ravens have barely modified their uniforms for very good reason. Just a great matchup

spacer.png

4) Colts vs Packers. Here is more that old school NFL goodness. The colts are still the best looking team in their division and they barely modify uniforms if ever and the packers just look amazing (which pains me to say as fan of a division rival). I bet this game probably would have looked even better if it was at nighttime in my opinion.

spacer.png

5) 49ers vs Vikings. Speaking of the NFC north, the Vikings and niners are just one of those games that’s just going to look good no matter the era and no matter what stadium the game is at. I used to not like these Vikings unis in particular but they have been growing on me the past few years to the point that I would say they are my 2nd favorite uniform set of theirs (the late 90s ones are still undefeated for me). Can I say the niners have probably the best road uniforms in the league? They just look so perfect.

spacer.png

The Worst

1) Cardinals vs Rams. Yeah, the cardinals need to toss those red pants in the garbage and just wear the white pants permanently. I actually like the cards new set of uniforms despite the goody college word mark on the front of the jerseys. And the less said about the rams bone jerseys the better.

spacer.png

2) Eagles vs Falcons. The falcons need a rebrand so bad. I didn’t think they could actually do a downgrade from their last uniforms but, they found a way. I don’t even hate the eagle’s uniforms either I just dislike the falcon’s so much I had to put this game on the list off of them alone.

Eagles vs. Falcons: Second quarter scores updates - Bleeding Green Nation

Almost there

1) Saints vs Cowboys. Unpopular opinion: the cowboys mismatched pants do not bother me all that much so I think they have a great uniform. This could have been a heck of a game visually if New Orleans dragged their gold pants out of the moth balls

spacer.png

2) Chargers vs Panthers. Two great uniform sets on their own and potentially good looking game in a vacuum but, I think both teams went with the wrong combos. A bit too much light blue for my taste and barely any other color to offset it. If the chargers wore their yellow pants or the panthers wore their black pants I wouldn’t have this problem.

spacer.png

Well these are my picks. What are you guy’s thoughts on the games this past week?

• Like 1