Pittsburgh Steelers Uniform Refresh

crazyboy335

With the Broncos finally unveiling new uniform set this year, the Pittsburgh Steelers are one of the few teams that haven't updated their uniforms this century. The last major refresh came in 1997, where they ditched the traditional block numbers for a sleek Futura-based set that injected a bit of modernity into the classic Steelers look. That was great for the likes of Kordell, Farrior, Polamalu, and others, but let's face it - we've gone nearly THIRTY YEARS with this uniform set. They're a bigger piece of Steelers history than the classic look of the 70s! It's time for a change.

The centerpiece of my Steelers rebrand is an updated logo and typeface based on industrial stencil lettering. Gone are those horribly dated Futura numbers, replaced by a clean, bold, intimidating look that really emphasizes the steel in Steelers.

spacer.png

The uniforms go through their first significant change since 1968. The traditional shoulder stripes have been updated with a Steelmark pattern, featuring six stars for six Super Bowls. Silver also takes on a more prominent role, replacing the white on the shouler sleeves.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Color Rush uniforms return, with a twist - the Steelmark is converted to single-color for a completely monochromatic look. The new alternate helmet gains a matte black shell to top off a truly mean uniform.

spacer.png

Finally, for the first time ever, the Steelers have a true alternate uniform. Using the same motif as the Color Rush, the jerseys are flipped to gold with black trim, utilizing the same black pants and matte helmet.

spacer.png

Let me know what you guys think! This was a lot of fun to make and I'd love to know what I could do better.

Reduce the sleeve diamonds to 3 to replicate the logo. It’s never a good idea to include championship references in anything uniform/logo related. Do these teams not intend on winning more? What happens if the Steelers win a 7th?

Change the number font to the block font from their current CR & throwbacks.