League One Volleyball unveils inaugural uniforms

4_tattoos

Well there's another pro women's volleyball league in the US. LOVB unveils it's unis made by Adidas.

Quick sidenote for those that have not followed the build up of the league, all the teams have the same name with their respective city inserted. Likewise all the teams pretty much have the exact same uniform 🤷🏾‍♂️

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Two more things

1. Despite using the initials LOVB as a shorthand name, it is pronounced "love". I kid you not.

2. The hieroglyphic looking things on the uniforms are the team logos.

55 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Omaha and Atlanta really need two VB teams? Ok.

From what I can tell PVF and LOVB were both forming at the same time, but PVF decided to jump the gun and begin playing a year earlier than originally planned. LOVB likely already had several stakes planted in Omaha and Atlanta by the time PVF announced it's teams.

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Omaha and Atlanta really need two VB teams? Ok.

Between the fact that Nebraska is a HUGE volleyball market, and that there is really no major professional sports team beyond the lower leagues, it MIGHT work, although I think the Supernovas have a head start with fan support. The LOVB team will connect with the local market, with tons of former Husker talent playing for the team, including Jordan Larson, who is the sport's version of Tom Osborne in the state.

Unfortunately, the generic uniform and abstract brand set up is not doing LOVB any favors. It really disconnects the franchises from the communities they are playing in. It plays more as "faceless megacorporation" more than "professional sports league".

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)