New Helmet Template

rtrich11

I've been using the same helmet template I made back in 1997 and it was time to update. Somebody recently put up a helmet template, but since it had the old "linebacker" face mask it was deemed classic, but not current. I went ahead and made the leap to the increasingly popular Revolution helmet. The angle shows the stripes well, but makes the mask look big, but the cage is really pretty big anyway.

Here's a comparison?old to new. Both created to be functional, and are. The new one is colored in to show the shadows and highlights.

Thinking too far ahead?

TRichardsRevo.jpg

its a shame nobodys got a view like that for the "classic style helmet" that i use, but no matter. i am content. awesome work though.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Man that is really awesome!Those helmets have grown on me since they first came out in 2002,but the one thing I dont like-and what I have heard other players say-are the facemasks for the QB/WR style helmet.if they could put a more classic/tradtional style mask on them for those postions and DB's then they would be terrific.I know the linemen/linebacker stlye masks look almost unchanged from the older style helmets.But if they havent developed this in the three years they've been out then I'm sure they will stay with what they got.Either way though that is a really sharp looking temp.

98Falcons.png

that's a really awesome rendering you did there. One thing...I think that the sides of the helmet are indented a little bit, just between the vent holes and the middle stripe. That's all, you have it perfect except for that :)

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

i started this when they first started to show up on Sundays. i still need to do more detail on the mask hardware, but it's good enough for what i wanted to do with it.

revolutionblank.jpg

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

thats really good! nice work!

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Pagan, that is really nice. I think you showed the details you needed, while eliminating the distracting ones. Too bad you can't see the center stripe at all to use it as a common template.

Gothamite, I agree that the 60s helmet with 2-bar is a classic. The mask didn't get in the way of the design. Even last year the Bears used that helmet in their end zones. I wonder if it's "NFL legal" to even wear the two bar, but that's another question.

I tried out my template on a variety of helmet colors and designs and it works. Only problem is, like all helmet templates, getting that curve right on the side sticker.

DANG IT! I worked from a Riddell Mini helmet to create the template, but I go to check on a detail from a real helmet and found that the masks are different! Jeesh. I couldn't leave it wrong, so back to the tedious part of the thing. After I finished I realize it really does look better with the correct mask. It's not so overwhelming.

I also threw in an old design to see the thing in use.

TRichardsRevolFix.jpg

TRichCondor.jpg

Well actually I HAVe seen that mask used on one of those helmets,although I believe it was a youth-sized revolution helmet,so that makes sense as it adds a little more protection for younger,smaller players.I think you did an excellent job on these!

98Falcons.png

Personally, I think the helmets fromt he '60's with the two bars look awful.

And -- I think the Revolution helmets look awful as well. I've only seen ONE Revolution helmet I like and I think I saw a Redskins TE wearing it in week 1 against the Bucs. It looked pretty much the same... but it didn't have the little dip in the bar that looks really doofy and pointless.

And aside from the stupid dip, I wouldn't mind them if the thing on the side that holds the bar wasn't so damn big. I couldn't think of better terminology -- so if anyone actually understands what I mean, congratulations.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived