The Phoenix Suns have a new court design.......

NYCdog

Not only does this pic of Joe Johnson and Steve Nash training at AWA reveal Nash's new look, its also unveils a new court design. From this pic, it appears that the "PHX Phoenix" secondary logo is at center court, the baselines have no paint (a la Mizzou's new court) and the perimeter has a lighter maple shade of wood, compared to the rest of the court's golden oak look.

jj_nash_040913.jpg

As for an explaination on why the court change.....its to coincide with the completion of the renovation of AWA, to compete with the Coyotes Glendale Arena for landing events. Among the other new thing you will see, a new exterior, a new socreboard which is supposed to a fiery effect a la the Heat's scoreboard, and a wrap-around LED board.

itp_arena_rendering.jpg

NYCdog.png

Is that logo big enough? I don't like it. Too plain in my mind. Just go back to the ones they had before altering the uniforms.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Bring back the Sir Charles era uniforms and court. The new threads and court look suck copiously. Where did the gray come in? It's about as forced as an oral bowel movement.

I'm not sold on the minimalist court design. It's kinda a 180 from a few years back when some teams did the entire areas inside the 3-point line in multiple colors (although the Rockets pulled it off ok) but equally wacky.

I'm glad Nash did something with the hair. He used to look like a poor man's Ben Stiller with a dead animal on his dome.

Wraparound LED boards are satan.

Are you kidding? They're awesome! Then again, I'm looking at it from an advertiser's perspective!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Agreed.

You two are on crack. No, really, crack. :P

Then again, you'd probably prefer the scores to still be put up by hand, and the clock kept in analog fashion.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Then again, you'd probably prefer the scores to still be put up by hand, and the clock kept in analog fashion.

Where's my digital to analog converter?.....

LEDs last a long time and as a scoreboard, easier to maintain

I saw, I came, I left.

Agreed.

You two are on crack. No, really, crack. :P

No, I don't mind scoreboards, but those are just symptoms of North American society's desperation for ad space.

Archived