What if the Colts stayed in Baltimore?

BaltimoreFan

While watching the Packers-Colts game today I starting thinking. If the Colts never left Baltimore my two favorite teams would be playing each other. I like wise started to think about jhr's "what if the St. Louis Browns left". Here's what I think would of happened:

Colts would still be in Baltimore

Cardinals still would have moved to Phoenix

Panthers and Jaguars become Expansion teams

Los Angeles Rams move to St. Louis

Los Angeles Raiders move to Oakland

Cleveland Browns move to Los Angeles

Houston Oilers move to Tennesse

Cleveland and Houston granted expansion teams

Its really not that much different. If anyone would like to add what they thought would happen feel free.

If the Colts stayed in Baltimore, it would be really something. Then the city wouldn't have Art Modell to deal with.

But Indianapolis would probably still get a team, whether it's the Browns or an expansion team. The Indianapolis Ravens. Sounds appropriate, because Indiana'a all farmland, with corn fields, and a raven is a crow.

If the Colts stayed in Baltimore, it would be really something. Then the city wouldn't have Art Modell to deal with.

Modell is a peach compared to the bastard Irsay who left.

Cleveland got lucky. They kept their uni's, history, name,and records. Everything we had in Baltimore got packed in those Mayflower trucks and carted to Indy.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Modell is a peach compared to the bastard Irsay who left.

Cleveland got lucky. They kept their uni's, history, name,and records. Everything we had in Baltimore got packed in those Mayflower trucks and carted to Indy.

Same thing with the Houston Oilers.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

Yes I think it should be a rule that a team must change identity when they move. It just annoys me that the Browns got to keep their history and the Ravens are being treated as basically an expansion team. Well everything here turned out for the best. Even though we were screwed twice (first by Irsay, then by not getting an expansion team in '93) we were able to get a Super Bowl out of it.

Archived