Olympis Stadium

the_cynic

- Opening Act was tasteless and unemotional.

- Closing Act also was tasteless and unemotional.

I thought Gloria Estefan and Celine Dion brought a lot of emotion to the ceremonies.

You also think Phil Collins is the most successful solo artist of all time ;)

I didn't say the "most successful solo artist of all-time"! I just thought he shoved out a lot of good hits but I can see why you guy's didn't agree with me. There's a ton of other artists that are better than him. Frank Sinatra for one!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Who in your mind is the most successful solo singer of all-time?

My pick? Phil Collins

Damn, I guess I did say that..........my bad! :lol: I am human though and I do make mistakes.

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I can always count on Mr. Creamer to point out my quotes from the past. Amazing isn't he!?!

Retired Number's To Come

maybe they will do the same thing that theyre talking about doing to the Astrodome and turn it into a hotel/convention center/mall/indoor amusement park thingie

Great idea! Especially considering they turned the inside of the Montreal Forum into a mall/movie theatre complex.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Does Parc Jarry still exist?

Yes... and not just for baseball.

Visit that one: http://www.ballparks.com/baseball/national/jarryp.htm

There is no place for a baseball stadium at park Jarry anymore... They used the section behind the plate to be a part of the Tennis Stadium where the "Internationaux de Tennis" are played each year. There as still baseball fields, but can't be used to build a stadium around...

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

It would make a great pile of rumble, except theres some crappy building in the way...

crappy building?

There's only two buildings close to the Stade, and that's the Montreal Tower (world's tallest inclined structure), and the Montreal Biodome (amazing building!). Neither are crappy.

Turn the inside of the stade to something else and you have a nice complex.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Tell me something, how does the Islanders arena compare to the old Mavericks Reunion Center? I went there for a Jazz playoff game and it was kind of dumpy.

Retired Number's To Come

maybe they will do the same thing that theyre talking about doing to the Astrodome and turn it into a hotel/convention center/mall/indoor amusement park thingie

Great idea! Especially considering they turned the inside of the Montreal Forum into a mall/movie theatre complex.

you have to admit that the Center Ice piece is pretty cool..

No chance in hell to see such a tribute at MLG... those greedy bastards MLSE A-holes....

At least it's not a RONA...

p.s.: That Expos' sig, I ripped off from TSN.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

It would make a great pile of rumble, except theres some crappy building in the way...

crappy building?

There's only two buildings close to the Stade, and that's the Montreal Tower (world's tallest inclined structure), and the Montreal Biodome (amazing building!). Neither are crappy.

Turn the inside of the stade to something else and you have a nice complex.

Agree with you once again.

The Big-O is a beautiful building, and they've spent way too much money on it to just bury it...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

As much as I want Olympic Stadium gone, I think it is going to stay because it is part of the Olympic Complex. I had the chance to tour the complex,incluing the Stadium. It was very dark and dirty, but the rest of the Complex is beautiful.

Signature intentionally left blank

Archived