Do you know the way to san jose?

RobRoberts

The Albany Attack were sold last night to the group who own the San Jose Sharks.  The team will be moved out west and play next season in HP Pavillion.  

The news probably won't break until June 1 or just before then, HOWEVER, having people on the inside I can tell you that the sale was approved last night.

By the way, is anyone else out there Lacrosse fans?  Or is it just me?

Rob :cool:

I dig the NLL...it's pretty good entertainment.  Sportsnet shows a few games, I catch em when I can

Has Ottawa officially been sold to the Blue Bombers yet?  I know Montreal is going to Edmonton, but I wasn't sure if the Rebel to Winnipeg move has been finalized...

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I don't really know.  Last I heard it wasn't happening (Ottawa to Winnipeg).  I know the BluBombers ownership group was very interested in aquiring the team, however I think the current owner was more interested in making the team work.  I had a strong feeling that, due to the poor fan turnout this year, the team would have been moved.  I do know that they have a deal with another arena in Ottawa (where the Senators played their first few years I think), but as I heard it, it was not a solid deal.  It was more conditional.

I did not know about Montreal though.  From what I'd heard, the team was going to be kept in Montreal.  I thought they had pretty strong fan support.  Edmonton is probably a good place for a team.

Additionally, the more teams that pick up and move to good Canadian markets, the better... why?... well, it lessens the threat of the Saints leaving Long Island.

On to the Saints, I had heard rumors last season that the team was sold.  Then they weren't.  Then they were supposed to be sold.  Then no news.

I think the NLL has some great teams with some great names and logos.  Too bad their jerseys, for the most part, suck so hard.

Rob

the NLL, eh?  ain't seen that since it was the MILL and ESPN stopped showing it.  to that i say go wings!

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

San Jose?  Wow, the league's really spreading out.

There are quite a few of the NLL jerseys I've looked at getting, some of them are pretty cool.  (Albany's wasn't realy one of them.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

It's great to get another team to expose San Jose further.  One problem: the Sharks and the league already complain it's the worst ice in the league thanks to the Arena League's SaberCats and the numerous events in and out every night.

Also, it doesn't look good for ownership to do anything for it's primary team, the Sharks.  Silicon Valley Sports & Entertainment which owns and operates the Sharks, HP Pavilion, MLS' Earthquakes, Siebel Tennis Tournament, and the Siebel Senior Golf Classic.  

There was a website setup back in April at www.sanjoselacrosse.com for an expansion team entry.  It will be interesting on how Lacrosse does out in the West.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I don't really know. Last I heard it wasn't happening (Ottawa to Winnipeg). I know the BluBombers ownership group was very interested in aquiring the team, however I think the current owner was more interested in making the team work.

I did not know about Montreal though. From what I'd heard, the team was going to be kept in Montreal. I thought they had pretty strong fan support. Edmonton is probably a good place for a team.

I think the NLL has some great teams with some great names and logos. Too bad their jerseys, for the most part, suck so hard.

Rob

A) At last word, the deal was down the dotting the I's and crossing the T's...new team name and uniforms are coming after the move.

B) The Montreal franchise is shifting to Edmonton, no name or uniform change (which is good, cuz I LOVE that Express logo).

C) Most of the logos look like they come from a certain template, angular team name, mascot overtop of that...Buffalo, Calgary, Albany, Vancouver, etc ALL suffer from that malady. Yes, most of the jerseys suck.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived