Nicknames ending in S

Broken Record

And, we actually just call them the Ducks down here. I think that Anaheim Ducks would be a better name, because I hate the "of Anaheim" name slapped on at the end.

I've always hated that about them. Mighty Ducks of Anaheim. Pfft. It's bad enough you have a duck as a logo. Now you just sound pretentious.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That move happened 24 years after the Jazz moved to Salt Lake City. Plus, as I went on to say, the history of JAZZ isn't within New Orleans any more. It's within Salt Lake City.

Hardly anything came out of the 5 years the Jazz played in New Orleans. Why should they give it back?

That's why I used jazz in lowercase. I meant the music and not the team.

Ah, my bad. I'm glad there aren't any other teams named about Bees or have anything to do with bees here in Salt Lake. They've gone way too far in the past. Salt Lake Buzz, Salt Lake Bees, Salt Lake Stingers, etc.

Ahh the SL Sting

SaltLakeSting90.gif

I remember them from my days of following FC Seattle Storm (there's another soccer name you guys can jump on)

SeattleStorm90.gif

forgetting the miami HEAT, are we?

Not at all. Another example of an atrocious singular name.

Shaq was on ESPN a couple days ago, talking about his new team, and he stumbled over what to call himself. He finally settled on "Heatian." :rolleyes:

Case closed. Singular names are weak.

Blame it all on the WFL. They started it with way too many singular names like Sun, Storm, Bell, and Fire. Jazz came soon after in the NBA, the NASL/MISL embraced this trend, then we had a nice little break until the USFL came along.

I was always curious how an individual player is addressed from one of these teams. OK so we now know Shaq is a Heatian. I guess he used to be a Magician.

So is Pedro "Daddy" Martinez a Red SOCK? Is Joe Sakic an Avalanche and Martin St. Louis a Lightning? Oh, and was Larry Walker a ROCKY or ROCKIE before he got traded? Is a player from UConn a Husky or Huskie?

I'm so confoozed!!

forgetting the miami HEAT, are we?

Not at all. Another example of an atrocious singular name.

Shaq was on ESPN a couple days ago, talking about his new team, and he stumbled over what to call himself. He finally settled on "Heatian." :rolleyes:

Case closed. Singular names are weak.

that was just shaq being shaq, but since you dont like the name i guess they can change it to ''heats''

Archived