Nascar Numbers

Frenchie

This is a DESIGN question, not a driver/team question.

Fans, casual or die-hard, are all familiar with the diffferent typeface used on NASCAR cars.

I was wondering which one, from a DESIGN standpoint, you feel is the best. (or your favourite).

I want to keep it to Design value... none of that "Stewart Rules / Busch Sucks!" comments.

My favourites are:

And despite being a huge fan of Kurt Busch, I just hate 97, weird unnecessary "point" of the 7.

4736.jpg

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

i absolutely hate nascar, so i feel i have to say that before anyone gets the wrong idea about me :)

anyway, i heard someone say that earnhardt junior's #8 is in that font, because his father's 3 was in that font... and the 8 is a combination of the letter E and the number 3.... i found that to be sorta interesting.

but other than that, i wouldn't put this post in SPORTS logo forum, since i don't consider car driving to be a sport :D (don't attack me)

And despite being a huge fan of Kurt Busch, I just hate 97, weird unnecessary "point" of the 7.

I think they should go back to the 97 used during the Chad Little years. It looked so much better.

I don't really care what they do, I'm just so disappointed...

I can be very objective when it comes to paint schemes and tehir design value, and I find that the Irwin car is just ugly, while I think the Gold Sharpie one is one of hte best on the circuit, therefore, my wanting to get new numbers that actually match the design quality of that car

irwins.jpgsharpies.jpg

@Frenchie_TO

but other than that, i wouldn't put this post in SPORTS logo forum, since i don't consider car driving to be a sport :D (don't attack me)

I hear you...

I was actually debating about where to put this topic for 2 days.

I too, even as a fan, have a hard time calling it a SPORT.

i did more for the Design value.

When you look at the efforts put into the design of these paint schemes, it's just amazing.

Some of them are even copyrighted (look inside the #8)

@Frenchie_TO

anyway, i heard someone say that earnhardt junior's #8 is in that font, because his father's 3 was in that font... and the 8 is a combination of the letter E and the number 3.... i found that to be sorta interesting.

That's true..all of that teams cars have the same type of paint scheme on them. Three stripes on each side. One side the stripes form an E and the other it is a 3.

8 Car

15 Car

Heres the other DEI car with the 3 stripes

900a.jpg

My favorite numbers are :

883b.jpg

886c.jpg

887c.jpg

rudd.jpg

907a.jpg

And Frenchie knows how much I loathe the 16 scheme and number.

BLAH!

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

You can't go wrong w/ the 3 and the 8, yeah I am an Earnhardt fan. My favorite was Sr's 3 from the Oreo car at the Bud Shootout in 2001, where his #3 was outlined in blue rather than red. Other numbers I like are Jeremy Mayfield's 19, Robby Gordon's 31, I like Elliot Sadler's 38 (I hated the old font from the Kenny Schrader M&M days). I liked Bobby Hamilton's 55 from the Square-D car a few years ago.

That Ricky Rudd Air Force car is sharp. Some of my other car design favorites include:

80's Darrell Waltrip/Neil Bonnett KFC/Budweiser #11/12 (the ones with chrome numbers...couldn't find a pic)

80's Darrell Waltrip Mountain Dew #11

Early 90's Bobby Allison Miller #12

Late 80's-Early 90's Rob Moroso Crown #20

Late 80's Davey Allison Havoline #28

Late 80's/Early 90's Alan Kulwicki Zerex #7

Also pretty much all the cars from Days of Thunder, especially the Hardees #18, City Chevrolet #46, SuperFlo #46, and Mello Yello #51. I'm sure there's some I left out, but whatever.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I had always thought that Ralph Earnhardt drove a car w/ #8 and that was why Jr. used that number, hadn't heard anything about it being a #3 / E combination (even if it is).

My list is #3, #8, and the old #28 that Davey Allison/Ernie Irvin/Dale Jarrett drove back when I actually paid a lot of attention to NASCAR. I also thought it was cool when Earnhardt Sr. would drive Busch races in a car that looked just like his Winston Cup car but with #8 on it.

Archived