May webdav challenge

webdav

This looks like a job for the Zone Ranger!! timber.jpg

When I started this, I was using the name Portland Timbers but when I finished I thought it looked more like a Portland Lumberjacks kind of thing, so I'll leave it up to you ...which do you think it lends itself more to...the Lumberjacks orTimbers? ??? (P.S. Thanks to Shawn at work for his creative input!)

cfg.jpg41QN7ATP9VL._AA280_.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dig the Pilots logo.  However, the forest green / grey / sky blue combo looks too much like the Mariners for my taste.  Let's diversify the Pacific NW.  How about some brown?  Maybe a forest green / brown combo?

Dig the Pilots logo. However, the forest green / grey / sky blue combo looks too much like the Mariners for my taste. Let's diversify the Pacific NW. How about some brown? Maybe a forest green / brown combo?

I agree...I'll try a new combination...

Hang on...

How about this - inspired by the Savannah Sand Gnats and somewhat by the Minnesota Wild (on TV right now):

PORTLAND TIMBERS FOREST GREEN (PANTONE 3305 C)

PORTLAND TIMBERS TAN (PANTONE 465 C)

PORTLAND TIMBERS MAROON (PANTONE 505 C)

How about this - inspired by the Savannah Sand Gnats and somewhat by the Minnesota Wild (on TV right now):

The Wild... *siiiiiiiiiiigh* Seven-plus periods at home, no goals. I went to the game tonight... and to make it worse... this round, instead of flags, they gave out lame-assed towels. LAME LAME LAME! I WANTED ANOTHER FLAG! :angry:

Ah, well.

How about some brown?

SSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! You'll summon him!

:laugh:

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

no, I dont find anything funny

and would the ducks bandwagon please burn in hell!

makes me sick how everyone thinks it so "cool" when the ducks go far. nobody thought that way about the sharks. we were never everyone's sympathetic favorite! oh, but the ducks are. its sickening and an insult to sports fans everywhere.

makes me sick how everyone thinks it so "cool" when the ducks go far. nobody thought that way about the sharks. we were never everyone's sympathetic favorite! oh, but the ducks are. its sickening and an insult to sports fans everywhere.

Daaaaamn, persecution complex.

Personally, I remember my heart sinking when one of the "'Ovs" (I -think- it was Igor Larionov, though it may have been Johan Garpenlov) nailed a post in overtime of game seven against Toronto, the Leafs turned right back up ice, and Mike Gartner sent the Sharks packing. I believe that was 1994, the first year of the 1-8 conference playoffs, when the Sharks (#8) took Detroit (#1) out in the first round, but my memory's fuzzy. (I was still living at home, so it couldn't have been any later; and, it was the second round, so it couldn't have been 1993, since the Leafs were in the Norris at that point, while the Sharks were in the Smythe.)

[EDIT: On my Hockey Year calendar here at work, it has this listed for May 6:  1994 - San Jose's Ulf Dahlen scores three goals in one playoff game.  Sharks 5, Toronto 2.  So I got the year right, it seems.]

But, you're welcome to hop on the Wild bandwagon, if you hate the Ducks that much. :D

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Here is the Portland Explorers draft

I'm no artist, so I don't see myself being able to "draw" a logo or anything. But I do like to do text treatments to see what I can come up with.

Portland Explorers

The main green there is Pantone 335 (Portland Forest Dragon Green)

The idea behind the name ties into the old west exploration of Oregon. The second choice was the Oregon Discovery, but I haven't come up with anything for that yet.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Ok guys, the month is half over - and only one person has sent me a concept (albeit not a complete concept yet).

This contest was meant to spur people on this board to work on complete concepts, making their logos more than just a "concept" but actually a logo. It was supposed to help give you guys the idea of what a real client would expect.

So come on! Let's see some great work!

What, my Pilots concept isn't complete? Do you need some sort of wordmark, or are you expecting me to edit my logo?  :D I think you under-estimate my level of laziness.   :cool:

I shoulda read the instructions better, but you can just "Save Image as..." my Portland Pilots logo as being mine, and can we let that suffice?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

In no particular order of preference, here are some sof my team identity suggestions for a Portland, Oregon-based Major League Baseball franchise. My apologies for any repeats.

1) Portland Timbers or Oregon Timbers

2) Portland Timberjacks or Oregon Timberjacks

3) Portland Timber Kings or Oregon Timber Kings

4) Portland Pioneers

5) Oregon Orcas

6) Portland Prowlers

6) Oregon O's

Okay, so the last one is a blatant joke. Well, except to all of those people who at one time or another THOUGHT they were buying some cannabis and... never mind.

Brian in Boston

This is a naming/logo contest. Not a uniform contest. After a winner is chosen, perhaps people can then take a hack at uniforms for the winner. But don't send me uniform concepts!

It isn't the lack of uniform. What's up, webdav?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived