May webdav challenge

webdav

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think he means having uniforms...etc ???

No, this is a logo contest, not a uniform contest.

What I mean by complete is the "spit & polish." Make it the best damn logo it can be.

SyPhi - your logo is good, but it could be better if you play with the "P" and the position it is in with the plane, etc. Also, someone had what I thought was a good suggestion, changing the shape of the plane into that of a baseball bat.

Webdav, do you need an Illustrator file? Or can you just "Save as" like Syphi suggests? If you need an .AI file what's your address? Thanks!

An illustrator file would be best, but not required. The reason for the suggestion of an Illustrator file is that this contest was designed to help those of you who want to make this a professional gig.

What I am trying to do is be sort of a client, and that is why I'm asking for the highest quality work done in a professional program. If you can't afford Illustrator at this time, that's fine, it's not required, but it would also help in my laying out of all the logos on a website.

You can send the files to: sportslogos(AT)circuitbox.com

Ooooh, so this is a contest/"let's practice having a crotchety client"?  :;):

To be completely honest, I have zero motivation to change the logo. It's more than what I set out to make, and at this point, there being only a smattering of response in the logo department, altering the logo would hardly improve my position.

Not to mention I'm not a big fan of the "morph into a baseball bat" idea. Sure the P is weak. But until someone else puts the "challenge" in the Webdav Challenge, it ain't changing.

Wish I had the guts of SHB to say that "I never change my concept", but if push comes to shove, I'll do what it takes to win.  :D

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Okay, I am in.  I will do a design and send it to webdav.  You want a challenge here it is.  Lets see who comes out on top.

Just for the record, if you can improve the logo go for it.  Dont do it because of a challenge, do it because it is yoru name on that logo and your work represents you.

My entree will be :

OREGON THUNDER.

Just for the record, if you can improve the logo go for it. Dont do it because of a challenge, do it because it is yoru name on that logo and your work represents you.

I agree 100%. But I also believe that there's something to be said about not trying to please everybody, but do it to do the best job you can in your own opinion. This being a contest, I am supposed to please the person I am submitting the logo to. However, I am hesitant to make a change that I feel will cheapen my original vision. Maybe I'll make adjustments and send it in as a separate logo.

Whchoclte (is this short for White Chocalate?), that sounds like a decent name, I look forward to see what you come up with. Here's to a good Webdav Challenge.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I agree syphi, u stick with what works for you.  I believe the designs will be posted on a site for viweres to vote on, so its not just webdav you are pleasing its teh voters.  I mean you can never please everyone, but never leave a design unfinished.

And yes it is White Chocolate.

I should make it clear that the voting will be done in this manner:

I will post all of the entries on a website of my own, they will all be numbered, no names attached (not exactly anonymous, but close).

I will then make a poll on here for people to vote for their favorite.

Just wanted to confirm I've recieved the first official entry to the webdav challenge for May.

It comes from Greg (whchoclte) and is quite professional. He really went overboard. He included a history lesson to justify his choices of name/logo/colors as well as uniforms.

Greg has raised the bar - who's willing to reach it?

The first entry is here...

for a team called the Portland Pilots...

...Portland Pilots Concept Logo

That isn't official enough?  ???

I mean, it's "Saving As...". Or is this about the fact that the voting requires that the logo be anonymous, and I kinda ruined that for mine?

And whchoclte's looks pro because he is pro. Darn Greg making us all look bad.  :D Just hope his historical explanations were better than the verbal diarrhea the Oilers give us every time they unveil a new logo.  :P

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Hey Webdav, any idea what next month's challenge will be so's we can start thinking about it?

Have to wait until next month! :)

Actually, I have no idea. I'm thinking about it. Hopefully, everyone used this opportunity to learn about the city of Portland and had fun in the process. But with only three entries, I may not bother making this a contest every month.

WebDav, I can't speak for everyone else but I'm having fun with it, I'm workin on an entry(that'd make it 4), I know I have no chance to win, but I would love to have one of these every month, to give myself a chance to improve.

Archived