Sportsnet Strikes Again

CC97

If it wasn't so damned hard to pronounce, I'd say that we're witnessing the genesis of a new verb to the English language. From this day forward, the act of logo theft shall be known as "kolodziejing".

Chris, if you feel you have to edit this comment, then by all means feel free. Just replace it with a quote from Aristotle (the philosopher, not the guy who married Jackie Kennedy).

Maybe they mistook it for the real Blue Jays' logo. There are people out there (not us) that wouldn't look closely enough to see the difference.

But on the other hand, there has got to be a way to stop the theft epedemic that's infecting our elite designers. Maybe set a password on our websites? Watermark our creations? Combo of the two. I think all efforts should be made to stop this.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I don't understand, if we have access to current logos, how come Sportsnet doesn't? However, I feel privileged that SportsNet uses CCSLC for it's logos. If they use these logos on air, someone has to get the screen shots!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I don't understand, if we have access to current logos, how come Sportsnet doesn't?  However, I feel privileged that SportsNet uses CCSLC for it's logos.  If they use these logos on air, someone has to get the screen shots!

I didn't see the logo during their on-air tribute.

Don't get me wrong guys, I'm not really complaining... if anything I take it as a compliment.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Is Sportsnet with one with grossly outdated logos for teams in their on-air graphics?

They're not the only ones guilty of this. The St. Louis Post Dispatch which was founded by Joseph Pulitzer and is still owned by Pulitzers (as in the Pulitzer Prize - the award for journalistic excellence) is grossly behind the times in updating their sports logo icons. They just updated the Astros logo from the blue and gold one sometime within the past year.

Anyone ever do an image search on google or other search engines to see if logos from this site show up? Say, with a "blue jays logo" search? Just curious. Stuff spreads fast on the Internet and I highly doubt that this board is the only location these logos are. I know it's where they originated, but people post them on their personal web sites, etc. I'm sure.

CC, any chance the Blue Jays will consider that one ever? I know you've got the connections...

CC, any chance the Blue Jays will consider that one ever? I know you've got the connections...

The Jays seem to want to stick with one logo/uniform combination for a while... in fact there will be no changes for 2005 to any Jays uniforms or logos (first time since 1997 I think).

The ballboy was wearing the black cap with the home uniform on Friday... for about 2 minutes I was excited thinking they were trying that combination, but it looks like the ballboy just wore the wrong cap.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I've been "kolodziejed" before, but not by such a high profile and visible organization! Sweet!

When were you kolodziejed good buddy?

Some fantasy site or something had a bunch of teams with stolen logos and they were distributing them for Madden custom teams... Stampman pointed it out, and I sent the guy a stern email offering him access to my logos for a price. They were gone shortly thereafter. Interestingly, one of the logos they had used was the only logo for the longest time that actually had a copyright notice on it.

Cubsfan... I typed in '"Blue Jays" logo' into Google, and lo and behold, the first two that I see are mine and Chris's from my site remote linked to the old Fanhome location and no longer working! Crazy!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived