LeBron's a father

the_cynic

I believe she's 35.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

It's hard to make a statement on this without stereotyping, but here goes:

Is there something going on in the culture of the minority athlete that makes him (or her, but mostly him) feel he has to father a child at a young age? I should say mostly minority (black or Latino), because I can't remember reading about this example fitting any white players recently, except some Mormon athletes, but I think most of them marry young and start families before 25.

LeBron has now fallen into the stereotype of "young black athlete single father". Not to say you have to be married first to have children, but there are planty of examples of unwed players fathering children, many having multiple children with different partners. This just feeds the image of a "girl in every port", starting him on the road to Shawn Kemp status.

I could never understand where this glorified image came from. Sure, the players might have financial stability to raise the children, or at least to pay child support (Kemp might say otherwise). But I think that if a player wants to accept the title of role model, he should show some more responsibility and commitment and marry the mother of the child, or at least wait a few years. LeBron's 19! His mother is a grandmother at 35! Young parenthood is repeating its cycle.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I say if he can afford to be a dad financially, and if he's emotionally ready, then he should go for it. He's set for life, so it's not like his child will be a welfare baby. He seems like a stand-up kinda guy with a lot of integrity, so chances of him walking out on his family are seemingly slim.

Of course, we don't know the real LeBron, but judging from what I've seen so far, I'm happy for him that he's chosen to be a father right now. His kid is going to be very lucky to have such a rich upbringing.

tyson.jpg

The baby's mother is LeBron's long time girlfriend from Akron. So, this isn't a situation where he "knocked-up some chick in Sacramento while on a road trip" or something. To put him in a category along with Shawn Kemp is freakin' asinine. Kemp was a coke head as well. There were some freakin' "issues" there.

It doesn't Feed the image of "Girl In Every Port". It simply says that those who make a comment like that should feed their brain.

I simply Cangratulate him and wish him well. Try it some time.

Next we'll see Carmelo father triplets!

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Next we'll see Carmelo father triplets!

right after we see bs2282 say something intelligent!

Yeah that could take years! Good one! :lol:

Retired Number's To Come

Archived