ESPN's First NBA Power Rankings Of The Season

the_cynic

looks good- but I think that the Sixers (i know, hometown bias) are underrated. They have a coach that wants them to play the way they did in 2001, Iverson likes the coach, Robinson's better, and they have the shooters.

"We have nothing to fear except fear itself."

It's interesting. I can't see the Heat being that high, Shaq or not. The Heat don't have any shooters, really. Dwayne Wade is a slasher -- he does not compliment Shaq at all and that's what you need with Shaq, a player who can shoot.

Sure, they should be towards the top of the East because they'll dominate Eastern Conference teams downlow -- but towards the top of the league?! No.

It's interesting with the Nuggets. I know it may be because they're my favorite team -- but they have the biggets home court advantage in the league and nobody can run with them in Denver. Add Kenyon Martin to a good team from last year, and they have to be considered a contender for the Title. I'd say it's a pretty good spot for them. Although when it comes down to it, I think they can beat the Heat.

IUe6Hvh.png

It's interesting with the Nuggets. I know it may be because they're my favorite team -- but they have the biggets home court advantage in the league and nobody can run with them in Denver.

And why's that?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

It's interesting with the Nuggets.  I know it may be because they're my favorite team -- but they have the biggets home court advantage in the league and nobody can run with them in Denver.

And why's that?

why's what?

IUe6Hvh.png

Maybe because Denver is a good team, and playing at a high altitude is a huge advantage over teams not used to the thin air.

Yep. And not just them being a good team -- Denver was the second best running team in the league last season, and they added a huge part of the Nets success, and the Nets were the best running team. I don't think there's any doubt that the Nuggets will probably be the best fast break team in the league this year, add that to the altitude and that's why I say nobody can run with them at home, thus giving them a huge home court advantage, BS.

Let's not forget, for the last 2 seasons, the Nuggets have been among the hardest working teams in the league, so you know they're in shape to run teams to death.

IUe6Hvh.png

And seeing how all the other teams travel around the country to many different cities with all different altitudes won't have an effect? Look I know Denver is the "Mile High" city but I think you're giving them a little too much credit. The Nuggets will be great at running but will they face the same fate as the Mavericks?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

And seeing how all the other teams travel around the country to many different cities with all different altitudes won't have an effect? Look I know Denver is the "Mile High" city but I think you're giving them a little too much credit. The Nuggets will be great at running but will they face the same fate as the Mavericks?

Why would the Nuggets suffer the same fate as the Mavericks? First off, they're not nearly the same style of play as the Mavs. The Mavericks are a shooting team and when you're a shooting team, there's a good chance that you're going to have some off nights. The Nuggets are a running team, that has defensive talent, aka. Marcus Camby, K-Mart can play some D, Earl Boykins and Andre Miller can play defense, and Carmelo Anthony can play defense. The Mavericks do not play any defense, and have two many star players and don't share the ball enough, that's their problem. That's not the case with the Nuggets. Maybe a better example at their possible fate will be the Nets, who made it to the Finals 2 straight years.

And in the case of the Nuggets altitude, teams do the large majority of their training and practicing in their home city. You are not suddenly in better shape because you've played a few games at high altitude. And considering under BzDelik as coach and Vandeweigh as GM, the Nuggets have been one of the harder working teams in the league.

If you watched a Nuggets game last year, teams were tired towards the end of the 4th quarter while the Nuggets still had energy in reserve. If you watched the playoff series against the Timberwolves last year, the T-Wolves were tired towards the end of the 4th.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived