sports stadiums

goalieboy82

St. Louis is building a new baseball stadium, also to be named Busch Stadium, which will be ready in time for the 2006 season. The present Busch Stadium will be demolished immediately after the conclusion of the 2005 season as the new ballpark's footprint extends onto land that the present building occupies.

It is also widely believed that a new ballpark for the Washington MLB franchise formerly known as the Montreal Expos will be constructed in time for the 2007 season.

St. Louis is building a new baseball stadium, also to be named Busch Stadium, which will be ready in time for the 2006 season. The present Busch Stadium will be demolished immediately after the conclusion of the 2005 season as the new ballpark's footprint extends onto land that the present building occupies.

It is also widely believed that a new ballpark for the Washington MLB franchise formerly known as the Montreal Expos will be constructed in time for the 2007 season.

Are they gonna do an in-season gradual demolition for the parts that overlap like they did in Cincy, when they took Riverfront apart as the Reds played?

I live in Cincinnati and when I heard they were building a new stadium for the Cards, i read that they were

That's not the understanding here in St. Louis. The construction of Busch III is not dissimilar to Great American in that a good portion of the new stadium is being built around the existing stadium, however everyone associated with the construction project who has been quoted in the media has stated that the parts that cannot be completed during the baseball season can wait until the end of the 2005 season - even if that means the World Series - before any removal of existing facilities is needed. I don't think enough of the new stadium's essential structures extend that far on to the existing Busch's footprint.

If you havent seen it yet. Let me be the first to introduce you all to the new home of the 4 Time Stanley Cup Champion New York Islanders. or if Hockey never returns...The New York Dragons..hehe The Coliseum at The Lighthouse coming in 2009.

SS05.jpg

coliseumMain.jpg

I will say this....I sure will miss that big ass parking lot when this thing is built..the lot at the NVMC is HUGE!!

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

the Bobcats arena is slowly taking shape. i saw it last weekend and it's going along quite nicely.

http://www.nba.com/bobcats/arena.html

they'll start play in the old "new coliseum" the Hornet's used to play in. next year the arena downtown opens for bizness.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

marlins MIGHT be built in time for the middle of 2007. plan might be finalized this month. i hope..........

Been hearing that for years.

Oh and in response to your sig (Phillies= OWNED): "Marlins= OWNED"

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

marlins MIGHT be built in time for the middle of 2007. plan might be finalized this month. i hope..........

Been hearing that for years.

Oh and in response to your sig (Phillies= OWNED): "Marlins= OWNED"

yeah but this is the first time that the marlins actually have a plan that actually works. the other plans never got this far because of the former greedy ownerships.

1997 | 2003

Archived