Patriots go for record 19th win in a row

stimpy

Yes the pats are going for their 19th win in a row facing the 0-4 Dolphins and I'd like to say I like their chances. But the question is if they win are they considered a Dynasty? one of the best teams in NFL history? can they go 16-0?

Yes they can go undefeated.

I would hesitate to call them a dynasty. Remember, in between their Super Bowls was a year in which they missed the playoffs all together. If winning 2 Super Bowls within a 3 year span makes a dynasty, than the Denver Broncos were the NFL's last one. And I doubt anyone, including myself, consider them a dynasty.

IUe6Hvh.png

For me the minimum to be called a dynasty is 3 championships in a row, but there are other factors--such as general domination, but without the championships--they're just close but no cigar...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I honestly think they can, and I'm not saying this just as a Patriot's fan

They have great coaching

They have great defense

They have great offense

Any questions?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I was watching the Pats/Bills game the other week and the announcers mentioned that this 19 in a row isn't even a NFL recognized record.

The record books don't count playoff wins, this is really just a media created record....

Don't know if that's true, but if it is the Dolphins are still safe.

Proud supporter of the Carolina's pro teams!

Carolina Panthers

Carolina Hurricanes

Charlotte Bobcats

Ist a media record undfeated in one season is the true measure. The Dolphins lost the second game on the 1973 season ending their streak. Over the long haul someone will get the Pats.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

1. They are a Modern Dynasty, which is below the Niners and Steelers, but above everyone else

2. They have a good shot at winning this week

3. No, they will not go 16-0

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Yes they can go undefeated.

Whoa. Now I'm not really a fan but don't forget that the Seahawks go to Foxboro in a couple weeks. That might be the game of the year and I wouldn't automatically give it to the Pats.

Just because its a media invented record doesn't make it worthy of comment! Personallly I think this is a great team. Personally I think a dynasty has to survive for over 4 years. At the moment they are a great team, give them a couple more succesful yearsw and you have adynasty. ANd no they won't og perfect.

Is it just coincidence that the Pats are up against the Dolphins for the record??? :therock:

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I fully admit that I'm gonna have harder standards to attain a dynasty because I don't like the Pats, mostly for beating the Rams in SB XXXVI, and because Mike Martz inherited a team that had dynasty written all over it, and now almost five years later he's just about finished ruining it. So, I wanted that dynasty here.

Anyway, I think to be a dynasty, a team needs to appear in 4 championships over 6 years, and win at least 2. They really should make the playoffs the other times as well, but, that would have to be on a case by case basis.

I understand it's harder to achiever that now, so I guess you can also have standards for ITF's "modern dynasty". However, I disagree that they are one yet. They won two SB's in three years, but missed the playoffs in between. Should they make the SB this year, then it has to be considered, and if they win it, I guess they can have that title of a "modern dynasty".

Well Intheend what if they win this superbowl then what?

Sorry, didn't see that you said "if they win, are they a dynasty?"

The answer to that is yeah, easily. And I agree with J. Quincy King completely, they're below the 49ers and Steelers but above everybody else.

I think saying a team needs 4 Super Bowls to be a dynasty is a little rough. That might've worked as a good judgement back in the day, but this is an era in which anybody can win on any given week, or any team can come out of nowhere and win a Championship.

And they better freakin win this week -- in the PFA, Tom Brady is QB and my defense is that of the Patriots.

IUe6Hvh.png

I think there is. Let's not forget, the Seahawks go to Foxboro. The Seahawks couldn't win on the road last year.

The possibility is there. There's only a handful of teams on their schedule that can realistically expect to beat them. Seahawks, Jets (although they're overrated), Ravens, and the Bills. And the majority of the games against those teams are in Foxboro. They already beat the Colts, the toughest team on their schedule.

Of course, there's always the chance of an upset. And that's probably how they'll lose a game.

IUe6Hvh.png

You know you guys and the media talk about how great the Seahawks and Jets are, look who they played

Seawawks played-New Orleans, Tampa Bay, and San Francisco

That was a very easy first three games

Jets played-Cincinnati, San Diego, and Miami

Again all decently easy teams.

You shouldn't just go by the record, I'm not saying the Jets or seahawks are pushovers but they never really faced any real good team yet like the colts, pats, vikings, or eagles.

Archived